You know how they say to get to the airport 2 hours early? Well, I didn’t do that and the plane left without me. So for the past 3 hours I’ve been keeping myself entertained while I await the 5 hour penalty until the next flight out ;)
But I write this not to gain sympathy (although I’ll certainly take it!) but to share a few things I’ve learned during my stay so far. Plus I’m kinda bored and wanna try out this iPhone WordPress app, haha…
Things I’ve learned:
– I’m a lot more patient than I originally thought.
– I also haven’t been this alone for a long time, and I kinda like it!
– People watching is fun, but doesn’t pass much time.
– Reading does :)
– And same with calling friends and family (when they pick up).
– The longer you stay here, the more money you spend! So far: coffee, donuts, magazines, apple juice, and coffee refills.
– Places now charge for coffee refills! And people pay for it ;)
– Missing your flight makes moms sad.
And lastly, life can be very unexpected. You can either bitch and whine and make yourself miserable, or you can adapt and try to make something of it. The latter is more preferable, and it relates to finances too.
PS: 200 boy scouts just walked past me.
UPDATE: I made the plane!!!! One of those boy scouts dropped out and my standby paid off :) I got smushed in between said boy scouts but lesson very much learned. Now off to catch the last leg before I miss that! (See u soon Seattle)
– Sent from the jPhone