Good morning everyone! It’s a beautiful day here in J. Money-land as we embark into the wide world of Europa :) 10 Days of relaxing, beer-festing, hanging out with friends, and just being good ol’ American tourists. I haven’t packed a thing yet, but who cares – we’re on vacation!
And it’s damn good timing too. Between almost losing my job and questioning my addiction to blogging, I’ve been needing a release like no other (that sounded dirty, didn’t it?). Time to go spend a little money and remember what it’s like to be alive again!
But before I get outta here I wanted to share a few thoughts with ya:
- Alert your banks & credit card companies. This is the FIRST thing I do now whenever it’s time to escape the country. I call ’em up and let them know I’ll be in countries X,Y,Z on the dates of blank & blank so that they don’t ring the fraud alarms! The last thing you want is for your cards to be shut off when you’re thousands of miles away strapped for cash. Believe me, it’s not fun ;)
- Travel Insurance. I’ve never bought it in my life, but something tells me this time around it may have been smart to do so….but seriously, what are the odds that a Volcano would erupt?!
- Currency exchange. A friend told us it was smarter to hit up the ATMs in the countries we’ll be in rather than make any exchanges at the airport or the bank (which I think you need to do a cple weeks ahead of time anyway?). I’m not sure if there’s any truth to this, but we’re gonna find out really quick! :) I’ve had no time to do jack squat…
- Cell phone usage. PREPAY for data and calling and whatever else your cell phone provider offers! Checking a 2 paragraph email overseas costs more than my lottery ticket addiction!
- Copies, copies, copies! It’s a good idea to make copies of your passports, drivers licenses, credit cards, and all the other goodies just in case something happens to them. We usually keep ’em in our safe @ home so that if ever they’re needed we can just ring up a family member.
- Spend Money! If you’ve been a good little boy or girl and budgeted in some money to be spent on vacations – USE IT! Enjoy the fruits of your labor and allow yourself some breathing room while away. There’s nothing wrong with treating yourself every now and then, just don’t go overboard. Although only you know what overboard means ;)
Whew, that felt good! One last hurrah before I skip outta here and gorge on some fun :) Be sure to check back daily though as we got a KILLER line up in the works for you! And give these bloggers the sexy treatment they deserve while I’m gone, okay? If you wanna find me, I’ll be on Twitter taking pictures and causing trouble ;)
Have a most beautiful week guys!!! And pray that the ash clouds stay away!
(photo by david.nikonvscanon. stick figures by J$)