If you love challenges but hate doing the extended ones like we’ve been featuring here lately, you might like today’s ideas better ;)
Instead of doing the *same* thing day in and day out for 30+ days, what about doing 30+ *tiny* little challenges – all varied up – so by the end of the month you’ve still accomplished something pretty great?
I started sending these out a couple of months ago on Twitter just for fun, but after they seemed to go well I kept going and going until before I knew it I had done 35 of them, haha…
Here was the first one that started it all:
And then here was the next day’s:
Was pretty fun to do, but the BEST part was seeing all the replies and pictures from people completing the missions! Because after all, who can’t do just *one* small thing a day for their well-being?
The energy sorta died down towards the last few missions – probably because I started to get too fancy, haha – but thought since people enjoyed them so much on Twitter, maybe it’ll work here too?
It won’t have the same effect since I can’t send them daily to you without blowing up your inbox, but here are a couple of options you can do if you wanna simulate it:
- Copy these all into your calendar and have them pop up daily for you!
- Or for faster fun, PRINT OUT this puppy and cross off each item as the days pass! And we all know how satisfying crossing things off lists can be!! :)
Here they are!
35 Daily Missions to Improve Your Life
(In order of when I sent them, along w/ the links to the tweets if you want to check out the discussions around them…. Maybe you can jump start the party again?)
- Day #1: Opt out of buying 1 thing (tweet)
- Day #2: Pay a bill you’ve been putting off forever (tweet)
- Day #3: Declutter one drawer (tweet)
- Day #4: Pay off $20 of debt (tweet)
- Day #5: Get rid of something you never wear! (tweet)
- Day #6: Track how much you spend on *wants* (tweet)
- Day #7: Say hi to someone you haven’t talked to in a while :) (tweet)
- Day #8: Use $2.00 to brighten someone’s day! (tweet)
- Day #9: Buy one stock (tweet)
- Day #10: Take a 15 minute walk and remember how fortunate you are 🙏 (Bonus points for strolling through a cemetery :)) (tweet)
- Day #11: Pick up a piece or two of trash around your community! (This is a substitute mission as the one originally posted was our post on 1/day decluttering that I was recruiting for ;))
- Day #12: Clean out your wallet/purse/money clip (tweet)
- Day #13: Unsubscribe from all those store emails! (tweet)
- Day #14: Hide a $20 bill in your car in case you need one day (tweet)
- Day #15: Do something nice for yourself! (tweet)
- Day #16: Find one bill to tweak/downgrade/kill (tweet)
- Day #17: Track/update your net worth! 📈 (tweet)
- Day #18: Declutter your keychain(s) (tweet)
- Day #19: See if you are owed any missing money –> http://missingmoney.com (tweet)
- Day #20: Thank someone who’s improved your life (tweet)
- Day #21: Return something you’ve been taking forever on! (Bonus tip: keep future returns in your trunk so you always have them with you whenever you’re out and about and remember ;)) (tweet)
- Day #22: Finally use up that gift card! (tweet)
- Day #23: Make a list of where all your credit/debit cards are linked. This will save you massive headache the next time you lose one or get a new one in the mail. (tweet)
- Day #24: Wake up an hour earlier and tackle a passion project/hustle (tweet)
- Day #25: Set a calendar item exactly one year from now to check in with yourself! List out some goals you’re aiming to hit, leave encouraging words, or simply ask yourself a question like, “Am I happy?” You’ll love hearing from your past self ;) (tweet)
- Day #26: Throw $25.00 into savings! (tweet)
- Day #27: Shop your pantry for dinner 🍴 (tweet)
- Day #28: Get rid of (or fix!) something broken in your life. An electronic, a lamp, a relationship? 🤔 (tweet)
- Day #29: Forgive a debt someone owes you (tweet)
- Day #30: Do a random act of kindness! 🖤 (tweet)
- Day #31: Clean up that inbox! 📧 (tweet)
- Day #32: Do something you’ve been putting off all month! (tweet)
- Day #33: #1) Take out a dollar bill #2) Take out a sharpie #3) Write a motivational message to yourself on the bill #4) Stick it somewhere you’ll see every morning 🤑🤑🤑 (tweet)
- Day #34: Spend 30 minutes on a dream goal! (tweet)
- Day #35: Give someone you love a book that you love 📖 (tweet)
Knock them all out, and you’ll be 35 steps closer to being a better human being with more money in your pockets ;) Then start all over again!
Killer resources and apps:
- Best Budget Templates & Spreadsheets (FREE)— The best free budget templates from around the community! Including the ones I use :)
- Personal Capital* (FREE) — A great app to track your investments and net worth. You can see an in-depth review we did here from a millionaire who checks it daily 😂
- You Need a Budget (YNAB)* (FREE TRIAL, then $14.99/mo or $98.99/year) — One of the BEST budgeting methods in the space, with new users saving $600 on avg their first two months, and more than $6,000 over their first year! Check out my friend Vic’s review of YNAB here that went on to completely change his finances 💪
- Digit (FREE 6 mo. Trial, then $5/mo) — This is one of my favorite apps for automatically saving money, and I even came on board as an advisor I believed in them so much! You can see my full review on Digit here.
- Acorns* ($3-$5/mo) – Similar to Digit, this app helps you automatically INVEST money by rounding up all your transactions to the nearest dollar and then investing it right away for you. My full review of Acorns can be found here.
- Honey (FREE) — By far my favorite coupon service out there! Click the Honey button any time you're about to buy something online, and BOOM - any discounts it finds will be automatically applied at checkout. You can see my write up on them here.
- Credit Karma* (FREE) — An easy way to check and monitor your credit score AND report! See my full review of these guys here.
- My Favorite Blogs + Books < -- Click here to see all my other recommendations!