If you love challenges but hate doing the extended ones like we’ve been featuring here lately, you might like today’s ideas better ;)
Instead of doing the *same* thing day in and day out for 30+ days, what about doing 30+ *tiny* little challenges – all varied up – so by the end of the month you’ve still accomplished something pretty great?
I started sending these out a couple of months ago on Twitter just for fun, but after they seemed to go well I kept going and going until before I knew it I had done 35 of them, haha…
Here was the first one that started it all:
And then here was the next day’s:
Was pretty fun to do, but the BEST part was seeing all the replies and pictures from people completing the missions! Because after all, who can’t do just *one* small thing a day for their well-being?
The energy sorta died down towards the last few missions – probably because I started to get too fancy, haha – but thought since people enjoyed them so much on Twitter, maybe it’ll work here too?
It won’t have the same effect since I can’t send them daily to you without blowing up your inbox, but here are a couple of options you can do if you wanna simulate it:
- Copy these all into your calendar and have them pop up daily for you!
- Or for faster fun, PRINT OUT this puppy and cross off each item as the days pass! And we all know how satisfying crossing things off lists can be!! :)
Here they are!
35 Daily Missions to Improve Your Life
(In order of when I sent them, along w/ the links to the tweets if you want to check out the discussions around them…. Maybe you can jump start the party again?)
- Day #1: Opt out of buying 1 thing (tweet)
- Day #2: Pay a bill you’ve been putting off forever (tweet)
- Day #3: Declutter one drawer (tweet)
- Day #4: Pay off $20 of debt (tweet)
- Day #5: Get rid of something you never wear! (tweet)
- Day #6: Track how much you spend on *wants* (tweet)
- Day #7: Say hi to someone you haven’t talked to in a while :) (tweet)
- Day #8: Use $2.00 to brighten someone’s day! (tweet)
- Day #9: Buy one stock (tweet)
- Day #10: Take a 15 minute walk and remember how fortunate you are 🙏 (Bonus points for strolling through a cemetery :)) (tweet)
- Day #11: Pick up a piece or two of trash around your community! (This is a substitute mission as the one originally posted was our post on 1/day decluttering that I was recruiting for ;))
- Day #12: Clean out your wallet/purse/money clip (tweet)
- Day #13: Unsubscribe from all those store emails! (tweet)
- Day #14: Hide a $20 bill in your car in case you need one day (tweet)
- Day #15: Do something nice for yourself! (tweet)
- Day #16: Find one bill to tweak/downgrade/kill (tweet)
- Day #17: Track/update your net worth! 📈 (tweet)
- Day #18: Declutter your keychain(s) (tweet)
- Day #19: See if you are owed any missing money –> http://missingmoney.com (tweet)
- Day #20: Thank someone who’s improved your life (tweet)
- Day #21: Return something you’ve been taking forever on! (Bonus tip: keep future returns in your trunk so you always have them with you whenever you’re out and about and remember ;)) (tweet)
- Day #22: Finally use up that gift card! (tweet)
- Day #23: Make a list of where all your credit/debit cards are linked. This will save you massive headache the next time you lose one or get a new one in the mail. (tweet)
- Day #24: Wake up an hour earlier and tackle a passion project/hustle (tweet)
- Day #25: Set a calendar item exactly one year from now to check in with yourself! List out some goals you’re aiming to hit, leave encouraging words, or simply ask yourself a question like, “Am I happy?” You’ll love hearing from your past self ;) (tweet)
- Day #26: Throw $25.00 into savings! (tweet)
- Day #27: Shop your pantry for dinner 🍴 (tweet)
- Day #28: Get rid of (or fix!) something broken in your life. An electronic, a lamp, a relationship? 🤔 (tweet)
- Day #29: Forgive a debt someone owes you (tweet)
- Day #30: Do a random act of kindness! 🖤 (tweet)
- Day #31: Clean up that inbox! 📧 (tweet)
- Day #32: Do something you’ve been putting off all month! (tweet)
- Day #33: #1) Take out a dollar bill #2) Take out a sharpie #3) Write a motivational message to yourself on the bill #4) Stick it somewhere you’ll see every morning 🤑🤑🤑 (tweet)
- Day #34: Spend 30 minutes on a dream goal! (tweet)
- Day #35: Give someone you love a book that you love 📖 (tweet)
Knock them all out, and you’ll be 35 steps closer to being a better human being with more money in your pockets ;) Then start all over again!