So get this – our guy “Johnny” from the other day took everyone’s advice and TOLD HIS WIFE about all his debt!! Despite how scared he was about it all!
And I’m happy to say he’s alive and still married, haha…
In fact, his wife even commented on our blog post and sounds like a blessing of a person:
An update on our situation:
He came clean to me tonight, followed by showing me this post. I read through it, and I read through all of your comments. Thank you for the positive feedback and advice. Many of you share my thoughts/have similar ideas of how to take care of this situation. It is comforting to see these thoughts because I am a bit ignorant when it comes to financial things (I’m an elementary teacher). I know the basics, and I’m pretty good with my money but don’t know much about tracking and keeping solid financial records like some of you were mentioning. Luckily I have no debt of my own, so we will be able to just focus on solving the situation at hand.
My husband has made significant lifestyle changes, and now it makes sense as to why he was so insistent about it. I know that he and I will come out of this situation stronger and DEBT FREE.
Thanks again for all of your advice and encouragement. Sometimes it just takes enough people saying it to give you the courage to make the jump.
The Wife (:
See, it always pays to tell your wife everything 🙂 That line here was pretty interesting to see too – “now it makes sense as to why he was so insistent about it.” And now they can work TOGETHER to supercharge it even more as well! Must feel so good to get that out of the way – good job, Johnny & wife!
(You can read the original article on this here if you missed it: The “Debt vs. Savings” Trump Card)
In other news, it’s been about two weeks now since the launch of our babe and I’m pretty sure I’ve saved about $60 on coffee so far since not working out of coffee shops haha… Of course, it’s all been eaten up by the INSANE AMOUNT OF DIAPERS we’re going through all over again, but hey – you take the savings where you can get them, right?
Like this, too:
(Yup, those are socks on his hands instead of mittens… these guys grow the sharpest nails!)
Here are some other things I’ve noticed in our household lately:
- We’ve been taking a looooot more walks and park trips every day (fresh air and free!)
- I’m not nearly as afraid taking out all my boys just by myself anymore – done it twice now and feeling like Super Dad! Haha…
- I’m remembering what it’s like to just “be” again, vs always being on the go (something kids are GREAT at as they live for right now and nothing else!)
- I haven’t thought about “work” hardly at all, compared to the first two births when my anxiety piled up with each passing day off I took… (Not sure if this is good all the way, or not (what if I turn lazy and never want to work again???) but it is a nice change :))
- And I’m beyond grateful to have excellent health insurance and not my crappy self-employed plan anymore… A huge benefit of working a 9-5 which people often overlook when dreaming of going out on their own… So yay for the Mrs. for enjoying “normal” jobs and stability so that the rest of us can benefit from it! Haha… We’ve probably saved $3,000 alone on this birth already due to it, so helpful.
So two weeks in and I’m still kickin’! Along with my wallet!
Although I did just see THIS when I went to compose an email in Gmail this morning — anyone else notice this???
Apparently you can now send and receive money through Gmail!! Or “Google Pay“, to be precise…
Here’s what it looks like when you click the $ sign:
Someone on Twitter said it’s for helping out all those Nigerian princes in our spam folders, but something tells me that’s not too accurate 😉 If you’d like to be the first one to test it out on me though, feel free to send some over!! Haha…
That’s all I got for you today… What’s good in your worlds?? Anything new and juicy going on? Money and life good?
I know this post was kinda all over the place, but it was also fun to just “go with the flow” like I used to do back in the day… Sometimes I get so hard on myself for always wanting to put out solid well-thought out posts that I forget I’m a blogger and not a journalist 😉
So you’ll probably see more of this throughout the next handful of weeks as I get re-adjusted here, but I’ll always try and keep them as helpful (and fun!) as possible.
Enjoy the weekend!