“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” – Jackie French Koller
That’s one of my favorite quotes, but leaves out another path to wealth – growing rich by accident! :)
Was thinking about all the things I do naturally that just happens to save money over time, and thought it would be fun to share and see how everyone accidentally saves too :)
Here’s my short list, in particular order:
- I cut my own hair. SO CONVENIENT!
- I wear jeans and tees daily. So comfortable!
- I go on walks for entertainment. FREE!!
- I crave PB&J’s for lunches. Tasty!
- I rock beards every winter. Warm!… except when you become “Two Face” ;)
- I prefer road trips over flight trips. Adventure!
- I buy books over stuff. Learning!
- I cut my own lawn. Nature!
- I work out at home instead of the gym. Convenience! (Or it’ll never happen!)
- And I genuinely don’t need anything too fancy in life to be happy… The key to it all :)
Hasn’t always been this way (just a decade ago I was blinging out everything from my ears to my cars to my jewelry!), but funny what happens when you truly zero in on the things that are important to you…
Or perhaps I’m just getting older, who knows, haha…
Either way – it’s good to be content with less than more!
Curious to hear all your frugal ways as well… :)
PS: Went to publish this blog post and WordPress told me the title/url was already taken!! Looks like I blogged about this *exact* same thing over 3 years ago, and interestingly enough I’m still at my same frugal ways :) Here’s the post if you want to compare: Are You Ever #FrugalByAccident?