So this list was a lot harder to put together than our money one :)
Apparently there’s a lot less synonyms for debt than there is moolah which was surprising? (Though really *anything* that goes along with “SUCK” can easily be substituted here, haha…)
For Kari, who challenged me to come up with this list…
A bunch of other words for “debt”:
- Buyorrhea (<– something Mr Money Mustache would make up! Haha…)
- In the hole
- In the red
- Leverage (<– for those who love debt ;))
- Soul Crusher
And… that’s all I’ve got.
I tried googling “slang for debt” but that was quickly a no go, haha….
What do you guys like calling it? Anything good?
For our list on 60 different words for “money”, click here.
ADDENDUM: Here are a few more from the community!
- Cement shoes
- Gambling (against your future self)
- Monkey on the back
- “My epic fail” (Haha…)
- Negative Equity
- OPM (other people’s money)
- Over a barrel Vowels (Victorian English reference of IOU’s)