What’s up y’all!
The Godfather of FI has released a new book, and as his favorite Godson I of course was given a couple of copies to give away today – to my Godchildren! Lol… (is that creepy?)
JL is the author behind the uber popular book, and blog, The Simple Path to Wealth, which you’ll typically see pop up on peoples’ Best Lists and which 100% needs to be on your bookshelf as it’s a classic.
In fact, hell, why not give a copy away of that one today too? I think it’s necessary 💪
Here’s a closer look at both of them, then drop by the comments (or email me back if you’re reading this in my newsletter) by Sunday night and tell me which one you want! You can choose one or both of them, but sadly you have to live in the US for this one, sorry :(
(These would make for a FANTASTIC Christmas present for someone you love too!! Especially someone that needs a not-so-subtle hint!! 🤣)
Extraordinary Stories of People Like You on the Quest for Financial Independence―And How to Join Them
From JL himself:
Pathfinders has been two years in the making and it is a book I have wanted to bring to you since 2016 after The Simple Path to Wealth was published.
Within months of that book’s release I began to receive incredible stories from people all over the world telling me how they had taken the approach laid out and applied it to their own unique lives, location and circumstances.
Since contracting with Harriman House to publish Pathfinders, we’ve collected more of these stories and in these pages present ~100 of the very best.
As the stories rolled in, they mostly self organized into these nine sections that make up the core of the book, along with my preface, introduction and commentary on each.
- Lifestyle Inflation
- F-You Money
- Staying the Course
This is the ultimate companion for your own journey to financial freedom―and the true and lasting wealth that lies at the end.
The Simple Path to Wealth:
Your Road Map to Financial Independence and a Rich, Free Life
Again, from JL:
This book grew out of a series of letters to my daughter concerning various things—mostly about money and investing—she was not yet quite ready to hear.
Since money is the single most powerful tool we have for navigating this complex world we’ve created, understanding it is critical.
“But Dad,” she once said, “I know money is important. I just don’t want to spend my life thinking about it.” This was eye-opening. I love this stuff. But most people have better things to do with their precious time. Bridges to build, diseases to cure, treaties to negotiate, mountains to climb, technologies to create, children to teach, businesses to run.
Unfortunately, benign neglect of things financial leaves you open to the charlatans of the financial world. The people who make investing endlessly complex, because if it can be made complex it becomes more profitable for them, more expensive for us, and we are forced into their waiting arms.
Here’s an important truth: Complex investments exist only to profit those who create and sell them. Not only are they more costly to the investor, they are less effective.
The simple approach I created for her and present now to you, is not only easy to understand and implement, it is more powerful than any other.
Together we’ll explore:
- Debt: Why you must avoid it and what to do if you have it.
- The importance of having F-you Money.
- How to think about money, and the unique way understanding this is key to building your wealth.
- Where traditional investing advice goes wrong and what actually works.
- What the stock market really is and how it really works.
- Why the stock market always goes up and why most people still lose money investing in it.
- How to invest in a raging bull, or bear, market.
- Specific investments to implement these strategies.
- The Wealth Building and Wealth Preservation phases of your investing life and why they are not always tied to your age.
- How your asset allocation is tied to those phases and how to choose it.
- How to simplify the sometimes confusing world of 401(k), 403(b), TSP, IRA and Roth accounts.
- TRFs (Target Retirement Funds), HSAs (Health Savings Accounts) and RMDs (Required Minimum Distributions).
- What investment firm to use and why the one I recommend is so far superior to the competition.
- Why you should be very cautious when engaging an investment advisor and whether you need to at all.
- Why and how you can be conned, and how to avoid becoming prey.
- Why I don’t recommend dollar cost averaging.
- What financial independence looks like and how to have your money support you.
- What the 4% rule is and how to use it to safely spend your wealth.
- The truth behind Social Security.
- A Case Study on how this all can be implemented in real life.
Want one of these?!
Let me know which one in the comments below (or via email) by Sunday @ midnight and you’ll be entered to win! You can enter for one or for both, but you must have a US address for us to ship ’em too. GOOD LUCK! And big congrats, JL!
Your Godfather in Sexiness,
UPDATE: Forgot to mention – the winners will be *randomly* selected, so no more bribes please ;)
*** GIVEAWAY OVER! *** Congrats to Jon Dickson and Lauren K for winning “Pathfinders”, and congrats to Don T. for winning “The Simple Path to Wealth!” For everyone else, be sure to check your local library so you can still read these bad boys!
*Amazon links above are affiliate links