If there’s one thing I love about
playing ping-pong blogging, it’s the record keeping of all your life’s events on one tidy site 🙂 Or rather, one tidy page. I used to think I could remember everything of importance in a given year, but the truth is I’m getting more and more forgetful in my old age. Plus, we tend to not realize just how much goes on in our lives anyways in these short amounts of time.
So today I’d like to slow it down a bit and recall a handful of events that marked 2012 for us before we say hello to the new year. A time of thought and reflection, if you will. And I encourage you all to do the same afterwards too! Though you might have to refer to your beautiful Facebook pages instead 😉 For once they’ll be more useful than just wasting time or stalking ex-boyfriends, haha….
Here’s everything that went down this year:
- A new baby came into our lives
- An old pet, and friend, left our lives 🙁
- We survived living off 1 paycheck!
- And watched our Net Worth grow by over $50,000
- All helped by our newly formed money management system
- Though our house lost $15,000 in value
- And our water heater broke
- Followed by our moldy bathroom needing gutting
- Then our 2nd bathroom taking on water
- But I won a giveaway of $1,001!
- And a new interest in coins soon came about
- As well as an older interest in yard sales
- I also became a consigner for the first time!
- And made my very first garden too
- After solving the case of the mysterious wallet 😉
- And learning the biggest con of working for yourself
- But sprucing up my blogger den with a built-in library helped!
- Where I continued to retire a few of my projects
- Then sell some off
- And recently start some new ones
- All the while setting a personal beard growing record of 4 consecutive months 🙂
- And being named Blog of The Year by our financial community! Woo!
- (BudgetsAreSexy also crossed 4 MILLION page views this year :))
What a whirlwind to say the least. But that’s the beauty of life, eh? Tons of blessings mixed in with tons of trials. Which also reminds me that I sat on my first jury duty case this year too – hah!
In the end though, it’s always nice to hit pause and reflect back on the years as they come to a close. You can’t ever go back and do anything about them, but you sure can set your feet off right into the next one. So today ask yourself what you learned and got out of 2012, and then tomorrow we’ll lay the groundwork for what we hope to accomplish in 2013. Who knows what our lists will look like this time next year?
God bless, everyone – be safe tonight 🙂
[Photo credit: Creativity103]