Happy almost Valentine’s Day!
If you’re a scrambler like me and don’t like doing the more traditional stuff on this day, I’ve got you covered :) After all,
The difference between a $20 steak and a $55 steak?
Haha… We’re no suckers!
Fun (and frugal) ways to woo your significant other this V-Day:
- Set up camp in your living room! Pop a tent, gather a few sleeping bags and blankets (and bottles of wine), and then enjoy some peace and quiet in the comfort of your own home!
- Replace Hershey Kiss tags w/ your own loving words. Pick up a bag of Hersheys, cut up some small paper strips, and then swap out the tags with your own more creative (and sexier?) lines! This could also work with fortune cookies (just hold them over some steaming water to soften them so you can remove the original fortunes and then plug in your custom ones).
- Make her/him a mixed CD! A classic from the high school days! Sure you might have to first locate a CD and then find a device to record it on these days, but just imagine the joy – and shock – on your significant other’s face when you present it to them! :) And even more so if you load it up with songs that remind you of them!
- Pick up two matching goldfish and name them after yourselves. This one’s cheezy as hell, but one of my favorites… It’s the gift that keeps on giving every time you feed them! :)
- Put a “Just Married” poster on your car and feel young & sexy all over again ;) Sure you’ll have to drive around a bit to feel the full effect, but what better way to rekindle those feelings than in front of strangers pointing and clapping at you? :)
- Give her/him a vase with a single tulip in it. Attach a card to it that says something like, “I’ve got two lips to share with ya” and then pucker up! ;) If your significant other doesn’t have a sense of humor, skip to #10 below.
- Hide Post-It love notes all over the place! This is one of my all-time favorites because it’s something you can do *any* day – not just on V-Day! And sometimes your significant other finds them years later because you get a bit TOO sneaky with hiding them, haha… So def. make sure to put some in more obvious places like mirrors and TVs/laptops etc so they can start feeling the effect of your charm right away…
- Cook dinner WITH each other. Find a good recipe you both find exciting, go out shopping together, and then come home and spend some good quality time hanging out and making fine cuisine with each other! Anyone can PAY for a fancy dinner, but making it yourselves takes it to a whole other Love Level…
- Put some naughty into your games. Like Jenga? Try out Lovers Jenga by writing down some scandalous “punishments” on each of the blocks, that way EVERY turn is a fun turn! ;) Just make sure not to mix it up with your FAMILY’s Jenga!
- Get those matching tattoos you’ve always wanted… After all, nothing says “forever” like permanent ink! ;)
Now get out there and woo!