Let’s do this again, shall we? Y’all rocked it out of the last five, so here’s a fresh new set of questions for you. Remember that honesty counts here! Gotta let it all out and welcome the freedom ;) Esp on question #5, haha.. here we go, homies:
- What was your stupidest money mistake this week?
- What was your best?
- How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000?
- What ever happened to Steve Urkel?
- Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey?
- Hmmm… this is going to be easy because I didn’t spend any money this week :) But if I add in a few from last week, it’s probably buying magazines at the airport when I know damn well I could get them cheaper elsewhere (and then just bring them). I spent $10 on April’s & May’s ed. of the same mag (Inc. – my new favorite), which pretty much pays for an entire year’s subscription…
- Best was not spending any this week! Haha… actually I take that back. I did buy beer. And that was pretty worth it.
- The old me could do it in a month, but these days working for The Man (see what I did there?) every last hour goes to breaking even. So currently, it would probably take me like 4-5 months to raise an EXTRA $1k outside of my usual tasks. Unless I make it my only mission and just never sleep… then, maybe 2 weeks? Unfort. I need my 4 hours I’m getting though ;)
- I don’t know, but I bet he’s a P.I.M.P.!
- I’m gonna go w/ Suze here cuz she’s all types of passionate and I like the way “she” talks on SNL ;) Kristen Wiig cracks me up!! And as crazy as it sounds, I still have yet to read a thing on Ramsey even though I know he’s “up there.” I do like how people either love him or hate him though, that takes a fine skill.
What say you? Drop ’em in the comments, or be even cooler & post them up on your blog. That way we can spread link love all over… kinda sexy, huh?
PS: Henry found Urkel!! Ahahahaha… I swapped out the top vid from Suze to Urkel’s movie: Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus – I’m sure it’ll be a hit! ;)
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
Get blog posts automatically emailed to you!
1) What was your stupidest money mistake this week? I bought a dress, not any dress, a maternity dress. I have a wedding to go to in a few weeks and being 6 months pregnant, none of my dresses I currently own fit :( On a plus, the dress only cost me $30, so it wasn’t that big of a mistake.
2) What was your best? We paid off another credit card (2nd in 2 months)
3) How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000? It would probably take us about 3 months, and we would use our debt snowball to do it, so, we wouldn’t be putting extra money on our debt.
4) What ever happened to Steve Urkel? I think his pants swallowed him whole.
5) Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey? Dave Ramsey fo’ sure!
What was your stupidest money mistake this week? I have a weakness for Mexican food.
What was your best? I found a deal of 4 tires for my husbands truck (not very ladylike, but I got an awesome deal)
How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000? 2 months
What ever happened to Steve Urkel? Google it (he actually has a blog!)
Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey? Dave Ramsey, everybody knows a girl loves a guy with a great sense of humor!
What was your stupidest money mistake this week? Buying an enormous tub of ice cream and eating the whole thing with my S.O. .. in less than 24hrs
What was your best? Still coming in way under budget in our new grocery challenge!
How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000? probably 2 months
What ever happened to Steve Urkel? Now that you mention it I kind of miss him
Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey? Not a huge fan of either, but Ramsey has a hugely devoted following
1. What was your stupidest money mistake this week? Going out to dinner because we underspent on groceries for the week… then on Thursday we had to go to the grocery store and buy some additional items which made up for the light trip earlier in the week. So we ended up over by going out to eat. :(
2. What was your best? Doing the math to figure out that I shouldn’t be paying off my entire credit card balance, but still paying off enough to avoid interest.
3. How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000? An EXTRA $1000? Whoa. About 9 months…. maybe 6 months if we buckled down. I don’t believe all these “2 month” answers ;-) In actuality we’re saving $1650 a month already, so an additional $1000 would take a bit of time!
4. What ever happened to Steve Urkel? I think he got busted for “doing that.”
5. Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey? I’m not a fanboy of either to much extent. But I’m obilgated to say Suze because Dave just isn’t all that attractive to me.
What was your stupidest money mistake this week? I didn’t really spend a whole lotta money this week, other than necessities…actually, nevermind…it was the kite I bought my 4-yr old son…he won’t shaddup about flying the damn thing!
What was your best? The gestational diabetes books I bought for my Kindle. Have to deal w/this nonsense for another 2 1/2 months…
How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000? about a month and a half…
What ever happened to Steve Urkel? I’m kinda glad he dissappeared! He annoyed the hell outta me!
Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey? I have to admit…had to google Dave Ramsey’s picture…kinda attracted to a guy that’s smart w/personal finances, so I’ll go w/Dave! (and he’s bald…even better!)
1)The stupidest money mistake I’ve made this week would have to be paying for something 3 months out and only useing it for 1month… I really need to stop doing that. Not that it was pricy (35bucks) but still
2)What was your best? My best money idea this week would have to be bringing breakfest everyday this week. I’m really bad about that as I’m out of the house by 445 am every day, and I enjoy our Cafe’s Backon/egg/cheese sammys :-)
3)How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000? 2weeks or one pay check… thats already taken into account my other bills/morgage
4)What ever happened to Steve Urkel? He’s in Cali looking for work last I heard
5)Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey? Suze if I had to choose… but I do like daves money idea’s a bit more then hers.
1) The stupidest thing I did was go to a bar to eat dinner instead of eating beforehand
2) I brought my lunch to work 4 days this week, whereas i usually go to subway or something in that price range.
3) It would probably take me about 4 or 5 months to save an *extra* $1000. Student loans really cut down my savings, but I just paid one of my loans off last month. Progress!
4) Steve Urkel is probably drinking beers with Carl Winslow….
5) Suze, I would say.
What was your stupidest money mistake this week?
Grabbing fast food instead of eating what I had brought to work for lunch.
What was your best?
Waited to fill up my gas tank (gas went from 4.35 to 4.45 overnight, then to 4.29 by end of day)
How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000?
If I cut back on all the extra $ I’m sending in for student loans and house down to minimum payments about 5 weeks. Otherwise 3.5 months.
What ever happened to Steve Urkel?
Not sure and not sure that I even care. Is that bad?
Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey?
Love them both but if I HAD to choose….Dave.
1) Buying beer at the ball game. Gotta hate paying more for a draft than I’d spend on a case.
2) Finally picking up a side gig I’ve been trying to wrangle – five hundred bones in my pocket
3) 3.3 months (currently putting away 300 a month). Above and beyond regular savings? Not happening right now bub.
4) He’s knee deep in the battle between Megashark and Crocasaurus – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY4hnBOjDdg
5) Do either of them have a mohawk?
1. Can’t think of a stupid money mistake this week. I bought a DQ Blizzard, but I deserved it dammit!
2. My best money mistake would probably be buying the iPad 2. Ah, guilty pleasures…
3. Define “extra”. I already save $5,000 to $7,000 per month. I guess if I hadn’t bought the iPad, I’d be more than halfway there. But then I’d just have to buy it later.
4. Steve who?
5. Since Dave’s book, “Financial Peace” changed our lives back in ’99 and I think Suze would sell her name to everyone from BofA to Goldman for a buck, I’ll have to side with Dave on the sexiness scale. Yes Dave’s made a lot of money off his radio and TV shows, but have you seen how crappy Suze’s schwag is???
I’m not going to repeat the questions because I’m too lazy.
1. Buying a $7 magazine I read through while standing in line to buy it. I felt guilt so I bought it anyway.
2. I passed on buying a book for $26 when I found it on kindle for $9.99. The delay caused me to lose interest so I didn’t buy it on kindle either.
3. Now – 2 months. After we move into our new house next month – 1 month. My housing costs are going down by 30%.
4. He’s on Wikipedia. Kind of LOOKs like a pimp.
5. I don’t follow Suze and I’d like to smack Dave Ramsey. They both made their millions doing the opposite of what they tell their respective cults. So, I have to say Steve Erkel.
1. What was your stupidest money mistake this week?
I bought some wretched soup from the chinese spot yesterday only to come home to find hubby making dinner. waste.
2. What was your best?
My best mistake? :) I think my best money move was going into duane reade and buying only the one thing I went in for, and nothing else. It was pretty much a big deal.
3. How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000?
A pay period
4. What ever happened to Steve Urkel?
He’s doing crap movies with classy titles like “who forgot the potato salad” (i’m so serious.)
5. Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey?
Suze fa sho! I love that plastic looking hair and coked up eyeball action.
1 – Stupidest money mistake – using a ton of data on my phone, which will cost $10 extra. I just moved and don’t have internet at home. Not that big of a deal. (the move will end up saving me over $600 per month)
2 – Ate very well this week. (no eating out). This is a fitness thing as much as financial
3 – Not exactly sure how to answer that… It might take me quite some time to earn an extra $1,000 a I am on salary. I already save 70% of my income. Guess I could cut out things like internet, cell phone, and my bike racing hobby, and have an extra $1,000 in 2-3 months. But that would never be worth it.
4 – No idea… I bet he’s doing well though.
5 – Definitely Ramsey. I can’t really stand Suze’s voice/way of talking, and from what I hear she’s talking about credit scores a lot.
1) Gave in to the Jamba Juice craving!
2) Paid off our car!!! Wooo- hoo! See ya, Honda!
3) Three months most likely.
4) Who knows.
5) DAVE! I was an avid Suzi fan till I read Dave’s books. Made the switch instantly! Suzi tells us if we can afford to buy something (ridiculous or wasteful usually), Dave tells us why we should save now so we can actually afford to live later. Makes more sense!
You guys are KILLING me today! Haha…. haven’t laughed this hard in the comments for a while – keep ’em coming!! :)
@Beckey – AHAHAHAHA… that may be the best Urkel comment e-v-e-r. Nicely played ;) and congrats on the bebe!!! I’ve been practicing for one!
@Steph – He has a blog?? Oh yeah – going there fo sho!!! thx!
@No Debt MBA – Hahaha… did your stomach hurt all night and have nightmares?
@Austin – Yeah, the $1,000 has to be *extra* so good answer. $1650 a month is GREAT!!! Jeez. Keep it up yo.
@Trinnie – Haha, are you a bald lover? What about a half-bald w/ a lot of hair in the middle lover? ;)
@Kevin – Yeah, I hate that too. I buy things and then never use myself, drives me crazy. But at least we’re buying cheaper things rather than huge money wasters!
@Tim – Hahaha… that would be AWESOME. If you walked into a bar and saw those two drinking? It would totally make my year. (And congrats on bringing lunch 4 day!!! that’s incredible! I could never pull that off every time I tried.)
@Erin – Yes it’s bad! Urkel = The Man. And can’t believe you remember the gas prices like that? I’m bad and just go when I need it – don’t have the patience to wait ;) Although I don’t drive much anymore anyways, so if I didn’t go I might have to wait a few more days later.
@Henry – OMG! what IS that movie??? hahaha… wow. I am so tweeting that, haha… nice find!!
@Robert Muir – Haha yes – you DO deserve a DQ Blizzard! Esp for saving $5k-$7k a month, hot damn sir. Are you replacing Snoop Dogg as PIMP?
@Jerret – Hahaha yeah, I always feel bad and end up buying stuff too – I think that means we’re nice people :) Even if it costs us a few bucks. Good call on the new house situation too, that’s great!
@Dani @ OK, Dani – Hahahahah… you crack me up today :)
@Travis – $600/month? NICE!!!! I really wish I could get outta my living situation too, but we’re slowly working on that…
@Robin – Hmmm… I think I’m a mix of both. I like to save my a$$ off while at the same time splurging on stuff *now* cuz I know later I won’t want it ;) But then again I haven’t read any of their stuff, just seen ’em on TV here and there. Congrats on nixing your car payments!!!!!
1) Stupidest money mistake of the week was bringing a toddler to a funeral. Had I just stayed home with him, the smaller car could have been taken on the three hour trip, negating the $80 gas fillup. And the outcome would have been pretty much the same, since my toddler freaked out halfway through and had to remain outside the church for the rest of the service.
2) Best money move of the week was rebalancing our portfolios, both my husband’s 401k and my son’s 529. Sold off some our strongly performing small and mid cap shares to balance bonds back up.
3) An extra $1000 would only take me a couple days. I have a consignment service selling some of my old collectibles and mailing me a check every so often. Currently I’ve got $800 in uncashed checks sitting in my files, waiting for a trip to the bank.
4) I have to imagine he’s off somewhere living off the Urkel line and still getting laid for the Urkel name. My husband has a friend who slept with Dustin Diamond because, “C’mon, how could you not sleep with Screech?”
5) Yesterday in the car, I listened to Dave scold a man that it was time to stop making babies and start working harder to support the babies he already had. That was pretty damn sexy.
@JMo-being that the hubby used to rock a ‘hawk w/1 ft libery spikes, yeah, ‘hawks are pretty damn sexy too… ;)
1) Stupidest Money Mistake…erm, forgetting to bring my lunch so I had to buy lunch? That was definitely $8 I could have saved.
2) Taking the train instead of a cab. Took longer and it was smelly, but saved nearly $40!
3) At the rate that I’m saving, possibly 1 month!
4) Wasn’t he into drugs for some time? Porn? Maybe I’m confusing him with Charlie Sheen.
5) Do I have to answer? I guess Dave Ramsay…
@J. Money – Actually I slept like a baby and polished the rest off for breakfast ;) Can’t make a habit of it though…
Stupidest Money Mistake- Ordering Domino’s last night, they messed up our order and when the new one came, it just didn’t taste very good. Probably should have just cooked dinner and saved the $
Best Money Non-Mistake- Finally figuring out our tiny little Net Worth ;-)
An Extra G- Right now if we really put some back into it, about 5 or 6 months. If we quit smoking these evil lung grenades and cut back, about 3 months.
Steve Urkel- I thought he got eaten by one of those polar bears on the Lost island
Sexier- gotta go with Mr. Dave
1. I buy and re-sell on Amazon, and I had these video games I was already selling for a loss just to get rid of the things. (it’s really hard to sell games bc Amazon has “preferred sellers” that show up at the top). Anyway, it had to ship all the way across the country, so the shipping ate up everything I was getting from Amazon.
2. I got married! Lots of gifts now, and combined incomes/expenses forever. And a lot of love and kindness :)
3. Just a couple days…open some more of those wedding envelopes! But under normal circumstances, probably about 3 months.
4. He morphed permanently into Stephan and he’s modeling for the JC Penney catalog.
5. I guess Dave?
1. Probably eating out every day of the week!
2. Well, I automating paying my rent on time, so I paid my rent on time this week.
3. Two months, if I managed to find more self-discipline than I have had lately.
4. Maybe he settled down and had a few kids? I am just guessing here…
5 Ramsey gives sexier advice, but I am going to have to say neither, it’s a tie for “No.”
1. What was your stupidest money mistake this week? Overspent at Target
2. What was your best? Paid insurance deductible out of pocket, didn’t put it on a CC!
3. How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000? Maybe 6-10 months
4. What ever happened to Steve Urkel? As you can see from the movie trailer you posted, he’s doing quite well. SciFi movies are the best. I recommend Ice Spiders.
5. Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey? I think Suze Orman is too high energy for me, so I will go with Dave Ramsey.
Lovin’ the Five for Fiday thing….
1.What was your stupidest money mistake this week? didn’t have one….but….did have a doozie last week & made my checking acct overdrawn with a whopping $34 overdraft fee! Forgot to transfer $ when I had work done on my car & paid for it out of checking acct & needed to transfer to $ from savings. Luckily enough it’s been years and years and years since I has NSF & bank credited $34 back to my acct. Guess I’ll have to stop hating Citibank until they do something stupid again to piss me off.
2. What was your best? a friend & I go out to eat on Thursday nites & I’ve made it my mission to find a BOGO coupon for us to dine on…did that last nite.
3. How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000? right now….abt 10 months. In 2 months (when I have another credit card paid off…woot!…it will be about half the time.)
4. What ever happened to Steve Urkel? don’t know and don’t really care…he bugged me & didn’t watch the show.
5. Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey? going with Dave since I’ve only read parts of his book…..haven’t read anything my Suzy.
What was your stupidest money mistake this week? Signed up for a summer lacrosse rec league
What was your best? asking for a raise
How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000? forever, trying to pay off student loans right now and replace money i spent from my school fund on a stupid leaking basement
What ever happened to Steve Urkel? got paid then got laid
Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey? def dave ramsey but he needs to quit conning people with playing reruns. i swear i’ve heard the same story about the 59 year old who got laid off and dave tells him to walk along the beach about 10 times now. suze freaks me out on her show. everytime i hear that puddle of mudd song skizophrenic psycho i think of suze orman.
Worse- my phone. I upgraded for 3-6 months since I picked up a second job for that time.
best- I didn’t spend any money this week. Either I spent too much last week or just too busy.
Save-as of right now 1 month. When my 2nd job ends way too long.
Urkel-no idea, but he was rather funny
Dave or suze-neither. budgets are sexy ;)
1. Buying beer for Cinco De Mayo.
2. Contributing to my future house fund.
3. Probably not that long.
4. “At the height of his popularity, Urkel’s name was branded to several products including a short-lived fruit flavored cereal known as Urkel-Os and a Steve pullstring doll.” – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Urkel
5. No comment.
1 – What was your stupidest money mistake this week?
I’m not calling it stupid but going out for a pedicure the day after getting laid off isn’t probably the smartest thing to do.
2. What was your best?
Actually, the smartest thing actually involved spending money – I bought a new pair of running shoes. It’s easy to put it off because it’s expensive – but, new shoes means less pain, less injury and probably less doctor visits for hurty knees down the line (THUS: SAVING MONEY).
3. How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000?
Hmmm. This is a bad week to ask that. It could take awhile. :)
4. What ever happened to Steve Urkel?
I think he’s still acting, to give a totally boring non-joke answer. Seems like I just saw his name in a movie review and I was like, “holy shit, I’m old enough that Steve Urkel is playing a parent in a movie.”
5. Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey?
Suze. It’s the hair. :P
Biggest mistake: letting my DD buy the mother’s day card for the grandmas; $5 a card
Best: The $50 I sent to a school in Tuscaloosa that is raising money for the schools that were destroyed.
An extra $1,000: If I buckled down, maybe 3 months. I save that much a month, most months anyway
Urkel: no clue
Sexier: only know a little about each one, kidda do my own thing… I would say it is a tie.
Ok here you go!
1) Buying Starbucks 3 times this week!
2) Note buying those expensive shoes I really wanted.
3) 2.5 months
4) Who knows and who cares?
5) Dave Ramsey for sure!
1.I took $1000 out of my measly emergency fund to pay off my credit card
2.I put $1000 of savings towards my credit card debt.
3.If I were hard-core saving, one month. But in reality, about 3 months.
4.I dunno, but just reading that question makes me wanna see if he has a fb fan page. Yup, he does!
5.Suze Orman. Remember: People first, then money, then things, then JACKETS!
Threw this up on my blog… check it out:
1. Almost falling for a Timeshare deal at the thing we went to. Thankfully we were able to back out and not go through with it.
2.Getting some overtime on my paycheck from working that lifeguard class!
3.If I counted all the money I can save, probably 3-4 months….?????
4.I have no clue what-so-ever… but hopefully he won’t be one of those celebrities who ruins his life.
5.I say Dave Ramsey. For the every day person, he’s got a plan that people can follow, and I’m game.
Just shared it on my blog! http://everybranch.blogspot.com/2011/05/5-for-friday-with-j.html
Reading these never get old :) Thanks again for playing along everyone!
@Jennifer Lissette – Yikes, not fun wherever you are with a cranky toddler – sorry for your loss too :( and awesome about your consignment $$! wow that’s good.
@Trinnie – Woah! Now that is TRUE hawk’ness. I look like a faker compared to that ;)
@Investing Newbie – Nice move w/ the train! I’d always go out of my way if it meant saving THAT much money. Unless I had to be somewhere on time ;)
@No Debt MBA – Haha… well then, congrats!
@Jen – Oooooh yeah smoking costs a pretty penny I’m told. Much harder to stop that than to cut back in other areas I’m sure ;) But if you ever did it, you’d be rewarded handsomely! With both $$ and health.
@Jennifer – YAYY!! CONGRATS!!! Really really exciting time in your life right now – suck it all in, baby!!! :) (and hilarious about Stephan, haha… he probably is!)
@Kristin – Yeah, eating out used to get me too every day. But I just budgeted it in since I wanted to keep it up and allow it to be the one area I splurge in life. You can’t force yourself to change if you truly don’t want to ;)
@Kelsey – Ice Spiders? hahahaha… do I really want to Google that?
@Kathy – Good call on the credit-back try!! Sometimes it’s hard for me to ask too, but 9 times out of 10 if you’re real nice & cool about it, esp if it’s the first in forever, they’re pretty good about waiving. ALways worth a shot for sure – nice reminder :)
@David – Haha… I’ve never watched any of their shows fully yet, but I can imagine using the same stories over and over. When you find something that resonates you usually run with it. Which is why it sucks watching your fave comedians/speakers more than once or twice cuz it’s usually same stuff all the time. Congrats on the raise asking btw!! I assume you got it since it was a good money move ;)
@LB – Haha, damn right on that one!
@Jenna, Adaptu Community Manager – Urkel-Os!!! Ahahahhaha… soooo funny.
@Sarah – I know, I’ve been sad all weekend thinking of your situation :( Need to call you soon too, but Nate and I are playing tag-team with ya ;) I really REALLY really hope we can find you a (paying) position w/ Love Drop. It would be an honor to have you on our team and help families together. Although you already ARE on it! haha… but you get what I’m saying :) Talk really soon, my dear DB.
@rainbowfish – Ewwww yeah those $5 cards are nasty. I slip and buy them every now and then, but only cuz they’re so damn convenient sometimes ;) Esp if those are the only ones at a store the night before the big day! Big ups for sending money along to help Tuscaloosa – they need more people like you.
@Debbie Beardsley – But man, isn’t Starbucks such a treat?? :)
@Meredith – Hahaha… totally going to find his fan page now :) Rock on, yo.
@South County Girl – Thanks for blogging about it!! I used to work for a timeshare – and hated every day of it! I’ll admit for *some* people it’s worth it, but for 95% of the others it’s not. So good luck, the odds are on your side w/ backing out ;)
@Erin – You too, awesome! Going over now to check out ;) Crap, can’t leave a comment as I don’t use any of those services :( Might be worth adding the “name/url” feature on? But here’s my comment if you wanna see :)
“haha thx for playing along my friend! (and for the kind words – you trying to make a brother blush??) I’ve gone on and off w/ newspapers but I’m currently off. I wanted to get coupon section too but never used once!! haha… after all that extreme couponing hub bub tho, I may give it a shot for a few weeks and see what happens. Just don’t feel like dealing w/ all those phone calls they hit you up with once you cancel! soooooo annoying.”