It’s funny to go from writing about my mother to financial fetishes, but I couldn’t help pass this one up. (Hope you’re not reading anymore, mom!)
Did you know there was something out there called Financial Domination?? I didn’t, until this guy emailed me about it and I almost spit out my coffee.
Here’s what he wrote:
I notice that you’ve previously featured x-rated jobs that people can do from home on your site, for example adult chat lines. (The 2nd most popular article here, fyi)
I have a suggestion for something else that you might want to cover that is along similar lines: financial domination.
Financial domination is a fetish that involves men receiving gratification from donating money to women over the internet. The women don’t have to get naked or do anything sexual; the very act of donating the money is appealing to the men. It’s quite an easy way for women to earn a living.
Although there have been highly publicized cases of men who are addicted to financial domination in the media and blow all of their money on it, most men spend responsibly, as they would on any hobby.
I thought this would be an interesting thing to feature on your site!
You were right, random reader – it’s definitely interesting! And I love the words “donate” and “hobby” in there too. As if it were just any ordinary thing one would expect to do on the side :)
Not knowing anything about this world, though, I took to the internets to do some good ol’ fashion googling (not to be confused with ogling). And boy did I learn a few fun facts:
- The financial dominatrix who started it all was Mistress Amelia Marx who coined the phrase “financial domination” in the early 90’s after realizing how turned on her subjects got by the physical act of handing over cash. It is often shortened to “findom” – which is curiously close to our yearly personal finance conference, fincon ;)
- The men giving up this money do so out of the thrill of being humiliated and controlled (among other deeper underlying reasons)
- They are referred to as “pay pigs,” “money slaves,” “cash cows,” “subs” and “human ATMs” (makes sense).
- They give anywhere from a few dollars to a few THOUSANDS of dollars, and include some very wealthy, successful people. Even celebs.
- They also give extravagant gifts too: purses, computers, iPads, cars!
- These items are called “tributes,” whether in cash or gifts
- If they pay cash, it’s usually through Paypal or GreenDot MoneyPaks (whatever those are) if it’s an online thing. Which most are. No mention of bitcoin actually which is surprising?
- The women – or “dommes” – who gladly accept these tributes are called “mistresses,” “queens,” “princesses,” and of course “goddesses.”
- They want you to “worship” them.
- They also make upwards of $100,000+ a year, but most make much less. (Some even make over a million! Though word on the street is that they cross over into the sexual acts…)
- Some pay pigs love getting blackmailed – one of the only actual illegal parts to the fetish (the dommes typically require them to sign a contract before going through with such acts).
- Dommes also are quick to say that this is not a get quick rich scheme – you have to play the part and “build relationships” over time in order to get the pay pigs to pay you.
- And, lastly, some pigs give their princesses FULL control of their finances, having them budget and pay all the bills, and then allow them to keep whatever’s left over! WOW!
And this just from reading a few articles on it (I’ve listed them below)… You should see all the open tabs on my computer right now – I really hope my wife doesn’t walk in, haha…
And then there’s this :)
Not surprisingly, some of these dommes even have blogs. Mainly bragging about all their tributes, such as one Princess Sierra on what she found when she came back from vacation last week:
“Monday I collected $1000 from tributes while cat-fishing. mystery pig $300, robbie $300, terrance $300, $100 anonymous. I came home to boxes stacked sky high on My front porch! I also found a new butterfly bush, peony plant and a crawling rose planted in MY yard and a freshly mowed lawn from MY local slave. he also left Me some farm fresh eggs since I made him set up a chicken coop and start raising a few chickens to keep Us stocked with organic eggs.”
This is the same Princess Sierra who’s also received a $50,000 wire transfer, $20k in hundred dollar bills, and a Harley pickup truck gifted by another of her pigs. Others talk about how to get started in the business, and what to watch out for like this one: FinancialDominationGuide.blogspot.com
I won’t say I don’t get it (different strokes for different folks, right?), but my wallet’s sure glad I get turned on elsewhere ;) Takes my mantra “just do you” to a whole other level!
But that’s findom for ya… What do you think? Have you heard of this before? Do you know of anyone involved in it? (Are YOU involved in it??). Let’s get a lively discussion going, shall we… and of course feel free to share anonymously – not trying to get anyone in trouble here!
Bet you didn’t think you’d be reading about this today :)
PS: Here are those other articles for further reading… Some are pretty NSFW:
- Buy It for Me: My Life As a Financial Dominatrix @ NY Mag
- Financial Domination Is a Very Expensive Fetish @ Vice.com
- Inside the twisted world of the Internet’s priciest fetish @ DailyDot.com
- “Do it again or I’m gonna call your wife”: Inside the world of financial domination @ Salon.com
UPDATE: Here’s a book a fellow domme recommends too for “an honest overview”: Financial Domination Without The Smoke And Mirrors by Regina Sunderland (AKA Goddess Bella Donna)
[Photo above by John St John]
Killer resources and apps:
- Best Budget Templates & Spreadsheets (FREE)— The best free budget templates from around the community! Including the ones I use :)
- Personal Capital* (FREE) — A great app to track your investments and net worth. You can see an in-depth review we did here from a millionaire who checks it daily 😂
- You Need a Budget (YNAB)* (FREE TRIAL, then $14.99/mo or $98.99/year) — One of the BEST budgeting methods in the space, with new users saving $600 on avg their first two months, and more than $6,000 over their first year! Check out my friend Vic’s review of YNAB here that went on to completely change his finances 💪
- Digit (FREE 6 mo. Trial, then $5/mo) — This is one of my favorite apps for automatically saving money, and I even came on board as an advisor I believed in them so much! You can see my full review on Digit here.
- Acorns* ($3-$5/mo) – Similar to Digit, this app helps you automatically INVEST money by rounding up all your transactions to the nearest dollar and then investing it right away for you. My full review of Acorns can be found here.
- Honey (FREE) — By far my favorite coupon service out there! Click the Honey button any time you're about to buy something online, and BOOM - any discounts it finds will be automatically applied at checkout. You can see my write up on them here.
- Credit Karma* (FREE) — An easy way to check and monitor your credit score AND report! See my full review of these guys here.
- My Favorite Blogs + Books < -- Click here to see all my other recommendations!