I got to meet some of the high rollers in Blogville last night! Mapgirl over at Mapgirl’s Fiscal Challenge was kind enough to invite me out to their latest Happy Hour 🙂 MUCHO thankness MG! I have to say that i was pretty nervous meeting everyone face to face, since many of us are anonymous, but as soon as i walked in everyone was SUPER friendly. Plus, it was a breath of fresh air to talk about things in “real life” with people!
There were 9 of us total, ranging from newer bloggers (like myself), on up to veteran PF’ers like Mapgirl and Clever Dude. Seriously, it was so fun! We drank some beer, had some food, and just talked about whatever…even personal finance if you can believe that. haha…
I hadn’t been to all of their blogs before, but you know i’ll be perusing them going forward – gotta give love to my DC bloggers! Here are the blogs that represented last night, check ’em out:
- MapGirl’s Fiscal Challenge – mad thanks for hooking me up with everyone, and sharing some good pf stories!
- Clever Dude – it was a true pleasure meeting you good sir. big thanks for all the tips and words of wisdom, you are both a gentleman and a scholar.
- Mrs. Micah – the infamous Mrs. Micah! haha…it was nice to put a face with the super-duper commenter 🙂 looking forward to reading your blog more.
- You Are Not Your Wallet – a la Fight Club! i shall now re-watch to catch that part of it 🙂 i’m glad you’re living up life! you’re awesome.
- The Weight of Money – it was great meeting you! another blog to start checking out 🙂
- Debt Hater – i want to start calling you FABULOUS, is that okay? haha…congrats on almost wiping out your credit card debt!
- DINK’s Finance – thanks for bringing up advertising stuff and being so friendly! and i love the word “dink”, now i gotta start reading your posts.
- One Big Mortar Board – first off, i’m glad your wallet was found and all is right in the world now 🙂 it was a pleasure meeting you and looking forward to future run ins!
Wow, i used wayyyyyyyy too many exclamation pts and smiley faces! Dang, just did it again 🙂 F.
At any rate, I highly recommend reaching out to local bloggers where you live and hookin’ up. You get mad pointers and takes on the latest trends and all Plus, what better way of making new friends w/ same interests?
So thank you again, Mapgirl, and all others who were so open and helpful. You guys rock.