I caught this new “Bills IQ” tool over on Financial Press Gazette and thought I’d take it myself :) (You like how I pimp out my other site like that? Pretending I didn’t upload that very press release myself? haha…)
It took me about 5 mins to run through and covers 5 main areas: Credit,Debt, Budget, Wealth, and Life Plan – with about 5 or so questions per category. The normal person would have probably cringed at it, but people like you and I eat this stuff up ;) So major props to Bills.com for putting it together!
Here are some of the questions you can expect from Bills IQ, along w/ some of my quick answers:
- Are you paying your monthly bills on time? (no doubt)
- Do you know your credit score? (kinda sorta. I know it’s good!)
- When you get a new loan (mortgage, auto, etc) – what is the most important factor to consider (this one is tricky…I think I failed it)
- How many years until you are debt free (excluding mortgage)? (zero!)
- Do you have a rainy day fund?( is my name J$?)
- If you received a raise, bonus or large cash gift you would.. (probably save it all…maybe slip in a splurge or two)
- When do you think you’ll be able to retire? (at age 43 hopefully :) )
- How do you make your investment decisions? (By feelings and research)
- Do you have a career path or goals? (career path: kinda sorta. Goals: HELL YES)
- How do you feel about money and your own financial security? (no complaints here)
While I still scored an overall “A” with these, there were def. a few I shouldn’t have missed… Although one of them regarding Wills I def. *know* I just don’t *do*! Haha…it’s just so BORING ;) One of these day’s I’m going to rock it though for sure….we can’t be perfect, right?
So go now and try it out and then let us know how you did. The first person to post their scores higher than mine wins this. (you’re welcome)
Get blog posts automatically emailed to you!
Sorry we lost your comments today guys. Some jackal hacked my blog :( Should be back in action now!
I just met with the family financial adviser today and he was impressed with my current level of planning and awareness. So I’d like to thank you for helping to contribute to my financial education and congratulations on the 4 plutus awards!
Hey – that is AWESOME!! I’ve got total faith in you Penguin ;)
I just scored 94%. Probably due to the fact that I’m not currently regularily investing for retirement..bad I know! We just finished paying off the debt and doing the emergency fund though so our goal is to start up again by January.
I just took the test, and scored 95%. I think they might want to reconsider the advertising they put in the Results section though… if you check off “I own a home and have equity” they put in a “Refinance your mortgage” button, encouraging you to borrow that equity right back. Are they really looking out for my financial fitness doing that? I know they’re in the business of making money, but that one feels a little dirty to me…
ehh.. I got a 91. but I know something I need tow ork on. Like you, a Will haha..
cool tool though. I feel like I deserve a higher score, but what can you expect, it took 2 min to do:)
yeah, i just thought it was cool to check out and see if we can rock it or not ;)
I just took the assesment and scored a 97% this was fun and informative I plan to share with our online community.You are right people like me eat this stuff up! lol…. :)
98%. Sweet. Was a pretty easy to fill out quiz. I agree with Corey on the refinance your mortgage comment. That doesn’t make sense in most cases, especially with no other debt.
you guys beat me! well done ;)