…before I was married or had any babies
…before I hardly even knew what “blogging” was!
…before we all lost money in the real estate crash and subsequent recession
…before I wanted to be an RV drivin‘ yard sale minimalist coin collector ;)
…before our net worth crossed over the $60,000 mark
…and even before anyone knew who Obama was!
It’s been a long and awesome 5 years so far, and I’m proud to still be around here having tons of fun :) We’ve had an amazing journey to say the least, and I honestly couldn’t have done it without you. Seriously, I know it’s super cheezy, and perhaps a bit expected of me to say, but it really is the reason I’m still here doing this thing. Writing to no one is just no fun no matter what people say.
Without you, the readers, I would probably be off on job #81 by now! haha….
SO THANK YOU. You’ve saved me from my boring life, and helped me grow both personally and professionally at the same time :) I feel like we have a damn good community here – everyone sharing and learning and having fun at the same time – and it’s gone far beyond what I could have expected for this little site here. My one month trial run has now turned into 60 and counting, and I can only hope for another 60 to come.
Thank you all so very much for reading and leaving your thoughts, and I’ll see ya’ll back on here again tomorrow… I’m gonna give myself a money break today and go soak it all in :)
Much, much love,
PS: For you number nerds out there, we’ve had over 1,740 posts, 33,500 comments, and almost 5 million page views so far on this blog. Simply incredible.
Killer resources and apps:
- Best Budget Templates & Spreadsheets (FREE)— The best free budget templates from around the community! Including the ones I use :)
- Personal Capital* (FREE) — A great app to track your investments and net worth. You can see an in-depth review we did here from a millionaire who checks it daily 😂
- You Need a Budget (YNAB)* (FREE TRIAL, then $14.99/mo or $98.99/year) — One of the BEST budgeting methods in the space, with new users saving $600 on avg their first two months, and more than $6,000 over their first year! Check out my friend Vic’s review of YNAB here that went on to completely change his finances 💪
- Digit (FREE 6 mo. Trial, then $5/mo) — This is one of my favorite apps for automatically saving money, and I even came on board as an advisor I believed in them so much! You can see my full review on Digit here.
- Acorns* ($3-$5/mo) – Similar to Digit, this app helps you automatically INVEST money by rounding up all your transactions to the nearest dollar and then investing it right away for you. My full review of Acorns can be found here.
- Honey (FREE) — By far my favorite coupon service out there! Click the Honey button any time you're about to buy something online, and BOOM - any discounts it finds will be automatically applied at checkout. You can see my write up on them here.
- Credit Karma* (FREE) — An easy way to check and monitor your credit score AND report! See my full review of these guys here.
- My Favorite Blogs + Books < -- Click here to see all my other recommendations!