Hahaha… and the advertising ideas just keep on flowing ;) I swear, you go years without hearing anything cool at all in the field, and then all of a sudden you’ve got two juicy stories back to back. At least with this one it’s not as permanent as the whole brand tattooing gig. Although again I can’t seem to look away!
And we have NancyO to thank for that today. She passed this over to me this morning and now has me all kinds of intrigued. Here’s what she forwarded, courtesy of the people at Adzookie. (Which sounds very much like “dookie”):
We’re looking for houses to paint. In fact, paint is an understatement. We’re looking for homes to turn into billboards. In exchange, we’ll pay your mortgage every month for as long as your house remains painted
Here are a few things we’re looking for. You must own your home. It cannot be rented or leased. We’ll paint the entire outside of the house, minus the roof, the windows and any awnings. Painting will take approximately 3 – 5 days. Your house must remain painted for at least three months and may be extended up to a year. If, for any reason, you decide to cancel after three months or if we cancel the agreement with you, we’ll repaint your house back to the original colors.
“SIGN ME UP!!!” says the blogger who wants his free home! “What is WRONG with you??” says the wife and the Home Owners Association ;) Always bringing me down I tell ya, always bringing me down… haha… just kidding, you know you’re smarter than me honey! And *maybe* even better looking too.
But seriously, how tempted are you right now? Let’s go over this again:
- YOU GET YOUR MORTGAGE PAID!!
- You can use all that money to pay off all your debt!
- Or buy a brand new wardrobe! Each month!
- Or redo your entire kitchen!
- And then your entire living room!
- Or possibly save a whole year’s worth of college tuition.
- And more importantly, get a FREE coat of paint! haha….
That last one has awesome sauce written all over it. (I don’t know why I just said “awesome sauce” – am I 12?) Even if you do it for just 3 months, they paint it back to your original colors anyways and make it look all brand-new again. I bet they’d even paint it whatever color you wanted too, it’s not like it takes extra work on their behalf.
Ofcourse, then we have the dirty cons to look at here. Literally – it’s now painted on your house! But wonderful artwork aside, your whole privacy will now go out the window. Everyone and their mom will wanna know WHO you are, and WHY you did that. And the TV and News and Radio crews? Yup, they’ll be at your door too. If you think people are nosey now, just wait and see what happens once you become the new billboard next door. Bleh.
But all that considered, I’d totally do it if I could. At least for just 3 months. I’d save well over $6,000 for that! And if we went the entire year? $24,000+!! OH. MY. GOSH. I’d pass out with joy.
And you? Ready to click over and apply? I want pictures if you get selected!
Killer resources and apps:
- Best Budget Templates & Spreadsheets (FREE)— The best free budget templates from around the community! Including the ones I use :)
- Personal Capital* (FREE) — A great app to track your investments and net worth. You can see an in-depth review we did here from a millionaire who checks it daily 😂
- You Need a Budget (YNAB)* (FREE TRIAL, then $14.99/mo or $98.99/year) — One of the BEST budgeting methods in the space, with new users saving $600 on avg their first two months, and more than $6,000 over their first year! Check out my friend Vic’s review of YNAB here that went on to completely change his finances 💪
- Digit (FREE 6 mo. Trial, then $5/mo) — This is one of my favorite apps for automatically saving money, and I even came on board as an advisor I believed in them so much! You can see my full review on Digit here.
- Acorns* ($3-$5/mo) – Similar to Digit, this app helps you automatically INVEST money by rounding up all your transactions to the nearest dollar and then investing it right away for you. My full review of Acorns can be found here.
- Honey (FREE) — By far my favorite coupon service out there! Click the Honey button any time you're about to buy something online, and BOOM - any discounts it finds will be automatically applied at checkout. You can see my write up on them here.
- Credit Karma* (FREE) — An easy way to check and monitor your credit score AND report! See my full review of these guys here.
- My Favorite Blogs + Books < -- Click here to see all my other recommendations!