Yessir! Mr. D-head made contact within 48 hours of our blog launch ;)
How interesting, huh? It turns out people respond a lot faster when you market their name all over the internet ;) And it’s a good thing too as we were slowly running out of options!
But our hard work paid off, and it’s one less thing to worry about now. In fact, i might even miss all this drama! haha … nahhhh, scratch that. For all enquiring minds, here are a few fun facts about the anti-blog…who woulda thunk it?:
- Within 2 days we receive 300+ hits!
- Dozens of comments and emails fly all over Facebook & Myspace.
- An old friend offers his skills to get d-head’s name to the top of Google! (we decline, but keep this card in our pocket just in case)
- A DIFFERENT photographer offers to do a whole shoot of the Mrs. in her wedding dress for FREE!!! She hates when people give their industry a bad rap.
- Angry clients come out of the woodwork for this guy, and post their own reviews!
- Within 48 hours we receive the pics online, and a week & a half later the physical images.
So for a measly $9.99 (for the domain name) and a few hours of hard work, Operation Wedding Pictures was a sucess! I still can’t believe we had to go through this whole thing, but at least it ends happily and we can now move on.
And you know I have to give you all guys mad love too! Your support and encouragement kept us sane throughout the whole thing, and we thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the comments…esp. the not-so-PC ones ;) It was definitely therapeutic using this blog to bitch, so THANK YOU times a million!
And just for $hits and giggles, i figured i’d post a recap of everything that’s transpired. On last crazy story to wrap things up! Here it is, from start to finish:
- Feb 6 – We sign contract and PRE-PAY for all photography.
- May 31 – We get married!
- Jul 15 – Day our printed proofs are due, per contract.
- Jul 30 – Day our online previews are due, per contract.
- Aug 6 – We check on status. D-head says ready in 1 week.
- Sep 1 – We check on status. D-head says he’ll call in 1 week.
- Sep 18 – D-head starts using our photos to advertise his company!
- Sep 22 – We check on status. D-head schedules time to meet.
- Sep 28 – D-head fails to show up at our house.
- Sep 30 – D-head says our proofs were repossessed with his car.
- Oct 9 – D-head says pics coming soon…moves across the country.
- Oct 12 – D-Head comes up with even MORE excuses…
- Oct 17 – We file a B.B.B Complaint.
- Nov 5 – D-head tells us to just “stop calling”.
- Nov 6 – We threaten to take him to court.
- Nov 19 – We launch blog and market the hell out of it!
- Nov 21 – Pictures are uploaded online!!!
- Dec 3 – Pictures are securely in our hands :)
So there you have it, the past 2 months of craziness all rolled up nicely into 1 happy ending :) I’m not sure *why* exactly we were put to this test, but i do know things happen for a reason. Perhaps this guy has learned his lesson?
Thank you all so very much, and God bless the Internets!
Get blog posts automatically emailed to you!
What a D-head.
And congratulations to your blog, which is the first one that’s ever told me that my comment was too short, and to go back and try it again. Wow.
haha, wha? you know what does suck though – I lost all my comments from when this was first posted :( stupid blogger to wordpress conversion…oh well, at least we got our pictures!
6 months to get your pictures?! My wife would have freaked out on the guy.. and the BBB complaint didn’t do anything?
Nope, never even wrote us back. Which kinda pisses me off now that you mention it!