And welcome to Day #3 of our Giveaway Extravaganza!
Up today – a bunch of nerdy personal finance shirts and accessories – perfect for showing off your financial pride ;) I bought all these to support the hustlers in our community after loading them into PF Swagger (where you can find a bunch more of this kinda stuff), but most I’ve never worn so I’m hoping we can change that today!
But first – the winners of yesterday’s book giveaway:
- “Adventures in Opting Out” — Working Mom
- “Fire the Haters” — Nakpangi
- “Franklin’s Thrift” — Caroline
Congrats! Now onto today’s merch!
Shirt #1: Index and Chill
A classic shirt by fellow blogger, Accidental FIRE. And the guy behind the Budgets Are Sexy apparel line too! (Thanks again, brother!). Now I did wear this shirt 2-3 times while blogging around town so it’s not new-new, but think of it as a “game worn” jersey, sure to be worth even more having been on the body of Sir J. Money, lol… Or just wash it 100 times first before wearing it if you’re afraid of my cooties ;)
At any rate, it’s FREE and up for grabs!! And you can find it here, as well as with a bunch of other FIRE-related shirts designed by Dave: Esskay Designs Financial Independence & FIRE Tees
(Shirt is a Men’s Large)
Shirt #2: Save. Invest. Protect.
A great shirt by Kevin L. Matthews II of Building Bread. It does seem to be a bit off-centered at least from the pic?, but it’s brand new and sure to impress all people you come across – friends and foes. Hard to go wrong with these 3 simple steps! Save. Invest. Protect. #BAM
You can see Kevin’s full line of apparel here: Building Bread Apparel
(Shirt is a Unisex, Large, Slim Fit)
Shirt #3: Selling Sh*t on Ebay
Gotta love this one, lol… From the brain of Jason Butler over at My Money Chronicles who’s one of the hardest hustlers I know, always flipping stuff to get out of debt! He’s been a blogger in the space since 2013 and just overall a great human being.
You can see his full line of apparel he’s created here, including another favorite of mine: “Kiss My Sallie Mae” ;) –> MMC Apparel
(Shirt is a Unisex, Large – and a little wrinkly, but never worn 👍)
Giveaway #4: Melanin Money Package
Now this is one of my FAVORITE brands in the money space, merch-wise, and seems to get even cooler as the years and new lines come out.
Created by financial advisor, George Acheampong, Melanin Money “is a leading community of ambitious men & women geared towards building generational wealth for people of color” and has one of the best missions: “to help 100,000 people of color achieve their 1st $1,000,000 Net Worth.”
And their taste in fashion is off the hook… You can check out the entire shop here – shop.melaninmoney.com – as well as an interview I did with George a few years back on the creation of it all here: One-on-One with George Acheampong of Melanin Money. Great overall guy and company!
This giveaway package includes:
- Melanin Money branded leather backpack
- Melanin Money branded “Dad” hat
- “Normalize Black Wealth” T-shirt (size L), a collaboration with Kendra Barnes from The Key Resource
And those are today’s giveaways!
Tell me which shirt(s) you want, and *where* you’d rock them for best effect ;)
I’ll randomly select the winners after 5pm EST today, and then update the bottom of the post here as well as announce them in tomorrow’s post.
Good luck!! Your wardrobe’s about to get 10x hotter! 🔥😂
UPDATE: Giveaway now over!
Congrats to our 4 winners!
- “Index and Chill” tee — Ugo
- “Save. Invest. Protect.” tee — Autumn
- “Selling Sh*t on Ebay” tee — Paula P.
- “Melanin Money” package — Lisa Bailey
Back tomorrow with more 💪
*Links to Index and Chill shirt, Esskay Designs, and the Budgets Are Sexy apparel line are Amazon affiliate links…
Killer resources and apps:
- Best Budget Templates & Spreadsheets (FREE)— The best free budget templates from around the community! Including the ones I use :)
- Personal Capital* (FREE) — A great app to track your investments and net worth. You can see an in-depth review we did here from a millionaire who checks it daily 😂
- You Need a Budget (YNAB)* (FREE TRIAL, then $14.99/mo or $98.99/year) — One of the BEST budgeting methods in the space, with new users saving $600 on avg their first two months, and more than $6,000 over their first year! Check out my friend Vic’s review of YNAB here that went on to completely change his finances 💪
- Digit (FREE 6 mo. Trial, then $5/mo) — This is one of my favorite apps for automatically saving money, and I even came on board as an advisor I believed in them so much! You can see my full review on Digit here.
- Acorns* ($3-$5/mo) – Similar to Digit, this app helps you automatically INVEST money by rounding up all your transactions to the nearest dollar and then investing it right away for you. My full review of Acorns can be found here.
- Honey (FREE) — By far my favorite coupon service out there! Click the Honey button any time you're about to buy something online, and BOOM - any discounts it finds will be automatically applied at checkout. You can see my write up on them here.
- Credit Karma* (FREE) — An easy way to check and monitor your credit score AND report! See my full review of these guys here.
- My Favorite Blogs + Books < -- Click here to see all my other recommendations!