But first (for real this time), an update on last week’s mission :) From me, and then from you – okay? You didn’t forget, did you?
If you remember, my goal was to NOT eat any candy while out in Cali all week. And let me tell you, I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo oooooo ooooooooooooo ooooooooooo ooooooooo temped!! I literally picked up some form of the junk at *least* 3 times before catching myself and pausing to see if it was worth it or not ;) haha… but as much as I want to say I succeeded in the end, I forgot for 2 SECONDS and ate a damn chocolate marshmallow bunny!! I blame you Donna Freedman! I actually found Easter candy 1/2 off and fell for it at 11pm the other night. Arghh…. But other than that, I was an angel! How did you all do?
Now back to this week’s mission: Your unworn clothes
If you’re anything like me, you have a half-dozen or so articles of clothing in your closet with price tags still on them. WHY?? How come we still haven’t worn these yet? Are we waiting for some super special event to take place? Are we too scared to get them dirty cuz they’re SO COOL? (That’s actually a reason for some of mine, haha…) Or did we just make some poor purchases at the time? Either way, there’s no point in keeping them around unless you’re going to enjoy them.
So, this week, your job is to either:
- Wear every piece hanging in your closet at some point in the next 7 days (clothes, shoes, accessories, whatev)
- Or make the decision to sell them. If you can’t find a reason to wear them, they’re just taking space in both your closet and your mind. Get rid of them and make some money!
I currently have 7 things I’ve been hoarding that I really REALLY want to wear, but for whatever reason I just haven’t yet. Here is a complete list:
- Nike Airs (left) — Actually bought these just a few months ago, and think they’re hot!, but always find an excuse not to wear ’em… that’s going to change.
- Nike Airs (right) — Bought these last week and too afraid to get them dirty! Even though they’re black! haha… maybe I just have a problem w/ Nikes?
- Express Jeans (left) — Realized they fit a bit funny, but haven’t given them a chance yet.
- Express Jeans (right) — Same thing.
- Glasses — I don’t know if I can pull them off? Haha…
- Silver necklaces (2) — Got these as gifts 2 YEARS AGO and still haven’t touched.
- Rockstar’ish vest — The wifey bought this for me 2 Xmas’ ago (I think?) and haven’t had the balls to try this one out either. Granted it’s not an “everyday” piece of clothing, but still, 2 years?
7 Days and 7 things to wear (oooh! didn’t even realize that). This’ll be a lot harder than last week’s mission, but I’m tired of playing around. Why do we spend so much money on things and then never use them?? I’m over it. Time to make a change, baby! Are you in?
Killer resources and apps:
- Best Budget Templates & Spreadsheets (FREE)— The best free budget templates from around the community! Including the ones I use :)
- Personal Capital* (FREE) — A great app to track your investments and net worth. You can see an in-depth review we did here from a millionaire who checks it daily 😂
- You Need a Budget (YNAB)* (FREE TRIAL, then $14.99/mo or $98.99/year) — One of the BEST budgeting methods in the space, with new users saving $600 on avg their first two months, and more than $6,000 over their first year! Check out my friend Vic’s review of YNAB here that went on to completely change his finances 💪
- Digit (FREE 6 mo. Trial, then $5/mo) — This is one of my favorite apps for automatically saving money, and I even came on board as an advisor I believed in them so much! You can see my full review on Digit here.
- Acorns* ($3-$5/mo) – Similar to Digit, this app helps you automatically INVEST money by rounding up all your transactions to the nearest dollar and then investing it right away for you. My full review of Acorns can be found here.
- Honey (FREE) — By far my favorite coupon service out there! Click the Honey button any time you're about to buy something online, and BOOM - any discounts it finds will be automatically applied at checkout. You can see my write up on them here.
- Credit Karma* (FREE) — An easy way to check and monitor your credit score AND report! See my full review of these guys here.
- My Favorite Blogs + Books < -- Click here to see all my other recommendations!