Gooooood morning, my beautiful money lovers!
I’ve missed you! Y’all off to a great start this year? Lots of goals and excitement and energy crackin’ on?!
I gotta admit, I was having so much fun the past handful of weeks I almost didn’t come back, haha… But it’s not you, it’s me ;) I *finally* cracked the code on how to SLOW DOWN TIME once and for all: just don’t work! Lol…
Popped one open over the holidays and haven’t stopped:
(Missing puzzle pieces – the devil incarnate!)
(The hardest of the bunch ;))
(Current one I’m working on… My first 1,000 piece’r!)
As you can see, only the important things going on here ;)
I also updated our Net Worth and paid some bills and moved some investments around during my break, but honestly finances were the last thing on my mind this holiday season…. It seems I keep thinking about it less and less over the years and finally getting some good balance with my obsessions which is great. I even went a couple weeks without checking social media if you can believe it! 😱😱
I’m also realizing that as much as I love this blog and our community here, it too has become less of an obsession over the years… Mainly because I don’t think about money as much now that things are on track, but also because I continue to treat it as a “job” instead of more of a hobby which I promised myself I wasn’t going to do when I bought it back! Particularly around maintaining a *schedule*. Which up until recently has served me well, but now it just feels constricting even if it’s all in my head (which it is – I only blog two times a week! lol…).
But after going this entire month+ without really having one I felt so *alive* and *in the moment* and it was fantastic. I woke up and just did whatever *moved* me right there on the spot (like puzzles!) and I didn’t have to feel guilty about any commitments lingering in the background. It was such a luxury just “going with the flow” that I don’t think I can give it up now that I’ve really tasted it!! :)
So all this to say, I’m nixing my schedule for the upcoming year and will only be writing whenever I’m dying to get my thoughts out. Which will probably be less than I’m writing now, but still more than I was the last few years when I was gone ;) In fact, my hope is that by going this new route I’ll be able to stay here with y’all for the long run since there’s no way I can get burned out again if I only blog when I feel like it! Haha…
So here’s to a more flowy, and FUN!, new year of sharing with y’all! I hope it’s a great year for all of us!!
In other life updates…
Here are the things I got accomplished from my checklist last month:
- I got my Xmas shopping done early! Amazing how much you can knock out when you don’t have a job getting in the way – hah.
- I visited my friend’s coin shop AND the new brewery that opened up – that door mat up there comes from my friend’s shop – brilliant!
- I tipped my baristas $100 on #BigTipTuesday! And it felt as great as you think it might :) Totally recommend if you can pull it off (and you don’t need to wait for a special event – people need some love any day of the week!!)
- I read at the coffee shop instead of typing away on the laptop. OK this wasn’t on the list last month, but something I’ve always wanted to do as it just looks sooooo relaxing whenever I see anyone do it. So I grabbed a book, found a comfy chair in the corner, and got to reading amidst the hustle and bustle of everything. SO MAGICAL!! I thought it was a fitting book I selected for it too ;) How Starbucks Saved My Life (Amazon affiliate link)
(An excellent, light, read, btw – highly recommend!)
- We started a Jumping Jacks Challenge for January! After a successful Push-Up Challenge in November, and a subsequent Squats Challenge in December, the mission continues and we move to Jumping Jacks for the rest of the month. 100/day – wanna join?
- And lastly, I attended the Content Creator Happy Hour from Plutus Voices last month. As expected, it was a joy getting together with like-minded friends in real life. We talked money, life, entrepreneurship, and all those out of the blue *pivots* we sometimes need to make to keep the goals moving… It was great, and you can check here to see if they’ll be coming to your town next! –> PlutusVoices.com
Things I didn’t end up getting done last month:
- My tattoos – turns out the shop I want to get them at is SUPER popular and they have a 2-3 month waiting list to get inked! So it’ll still happen, I just have to wait a little longer which is fine – I’ve already waited 20 years :)
- Try Crossfit – didn’t even cross my mind once, haha…
- Create TikTok videos – nope! If anything, I learned this month I want to be on social *less* over time, not more. And I know if I join another platform I’ll only get sucked in as they’re all so addicting!!
- Visit new museums or skateparks – not enough time with all those puzzles that needed to get done ;)
So that’s it for me!
What have you guys been getting into?? Any great resolutions or goals you’re fired up about for 2023? Anyone want to join me in the “go with the flow” plan?
I think it’s going to be my mantra for *everything* I get into this year… I’ll still be productive and get everything done that I need to, but the hope is to make it all happen in a more peaceful and flowy way :) And if it blows up in my face, well, you know I’ll be here to blog about it, lol…
Happy New Year to each and every one of you!! I’ll see you when I see you 💙
PS: I’ll still be sending out my Friday personal newsletters every now and then too. You can sign up to those here if you’re interested (I share more personal stuff, along with my favorite financial reads from around the community): jmoney.biz/newsletter
PPS: My favorite Xmas present this year:
(Dad Bucks!! Where I can pay my kids to do whatever I want, muah ha ha…)