It’s Friday, and I think we could all use a Would You Rather! It’s getting harder to pick out some goods that we haven’t done already, but I think today’s is juicy enough to stir up some action ;)
Although technically, it’s more of a “Would you give up ___ for ___” kinda deal, but the concept is pretty much the same – you have to pick one over the other. And let me just start by saying that this one is TOUGH! Okay, here’s today’s question:
Would you…for $15,000 in cash, give up sex for a whole entire year?!
That’s over $1,000 a MONTH in cold hard cash! Or a brand spankin’ new car. A down payment on a small house or plane. 15 plasma tvs. Around the world plane tickets (I think?). Potentially NO credit card debts! A generous charity donation. Or 15,000 double cheeseburgers from McDonald’s! Haha…
So yeah, it’s a lot of money. I just don’t know who could give up such greatness :) And to be fair, let’s make it TWO YEARS if you aren’t regularly getting any to begin with – or else it’s a super easy call. Although in that case, maybe you deserve to be rewarded with the $15Gs anyway? Also, let’s clarify that “sex” is *any* form of it whatsoever before you try getting around it. Hugging and kissing on the lips only, okay? You don’t want the Would You Rather monster coming to get you!
Personally, I don’t think I could do it. I cherish my intimacy wayyy too much. It would be easier if I were saving up for a super spectacular goal where I could see the direct impact $15ks would have, but since I’m not I can’t say it would be worth it. And plus, how would we be able to make little J’s this year?! Hah! Better keep that in mind before making your decision ;)
Killer resources and apps:
- Best Budget Templates & Spreadsheets (FREE)— The best free budget templates from around the community! Including the ones I use :)
- Personal Capital* (FREE) — A great app to track your investments and net worth. You can see an in-depth review we did here from a millionaire who checks it daily 😂
- You Need a Budget (YNAB)* (FREE TRIAL, then $14.99/mo or $98.99/year) — One of the BEST budgeting methods in the space, with new users saving $600 on avg their first two months, and more than $6,000 over their first year! Check out my friend Vic’s review of YNAB here that went on to completely change his finances 💪
- Digit (FREE 6 mo. Trial, then $5/mo) — This is one of my favorite apps for automatically saving money, and I even came on board as an advisor I believed in them so much! You can see my full review on Digit here.
- Acorns* ($3-$5/mo) – Similar to Digit, this app helps you automatically INVEST money by rounding up all your transactions to the nearest dollar and then investing it right away for you. My full review of Acorns can be found here.
- Honey (FREE) — By far my favorite coupon service out there! Click the Honey button any time you're about to buy something online, and BOOM - any discounts it finds will be automatically applied at checkout. You can see my write up on them here.
- Credit Karma* (FREE) — An easy way to check and monitor your credit score AND report! See my full review of these guys here.
- My Favorite Blogs + Books < -- Click here to see all my other recommendations!