So this year, I thought I’d round up some of my all-time favorites, and then sprinkle in a few new ones to give you the best of the best. I doubt most of you have seen what I brew in the WOO department anyways 😉 So if you’re scrounging around this Valentine’s day, be sure to give one of these some thought! Here we go…
The Top 10 Ways to Woo on Budget:
- Set up camp in your living room! This is one of my favorite ideas cuz you get the best of both worlds 🙂 Pop up a tent, gather a few sleeping bags and blankets, and enjoy some peace and quiet in the comfort of your own home. Could probably even do s’mores depending on your stove.
- Replace the Hershey Kiss tag thingies w/ your own words.** Cut up some small paper strips, pick up a bag of Hersheys, and swap out the tags w/ your own creative ones!
- Make her/him a mixed CD! This is a classic all the way from high school my friends 😉 And you KNOW chicks love it. You don’t necessarily have to go w/ all romantic songs either – hook it up with those that remind you of each other, or just your favorites.
- Pick up two matching goldfish, and name them after yourselves. Cutest/cheeziest thing I’ve ever written, but def. a fave.
- Put some naughty into your board games. Like Jenga? Try out “lovers” Jenga by writing down some punishments on each of the blocks. That way, EVERY turn is fun!
- Hook your other half up w/ a massage!** And a decent one too, not your 2 min. quicky she’s probably used to 😉 (sorry, the Mrs. made me put that…guess she’s trying to tell me something)
- Get all lovey by putting a “Just Married” poster on your car. You’ll have to drive around for a bit to get the effect, but it’s still cute.
- Place Post-It notes all over the place.** As the link suggests, I’ve actually done this one before 😉 And it wasn’t even on Valentine’s Day! (Awwwww). That’s the beauty of this one – you can rock it any day. Just jot down some lovely memos and then plop ’em throughout your home. On doors, closets, mirrors, cabinets, tv’s, anywhere.
- Cook dinner WITH each other. Find a good recipe, go shopping together, and spend some good quality time together. Whip out the fancy silverware and never-opened candles if you want! Anyone can PAY for a fancy dinner, but making it yourself is sometimes better.
- And my all-time favorite….the whipped cream birthday suit! A la Varsity Blues (sfw, but barely). I swear, you pull this one off ladies and it’s a done deal.
Whatcha think? Got any better ones to add? We’ll be rocking the “make your own dinner” deal ourselves, and then maybe a dabble of #6 and a I-totally-wish-but-it’ll-never-happen #10 😉 But as long as we spend it together, it doesn’t really matter what we end up doing.