Woot Woot – haven’t done one of these in a while… You know, when I check the stats to see what kinds of craziness people are typing in to get to this site? Makes me feel all types of legit and stuff, haha… Or at least sane, for that matter :)
Here were my favorite questions I found in the past 24 hours, along with my half ass attempts at answering them:
- Do people still rollerblade 2013? – Haha… A better question to ask is, “with a fanny pack?”
- Do rich people shop at the goodwill? Probably! How do you think they got so rich?
- Is it dangerous to be a phone sex operator? I’m not going to try and find out ;)
- What do bouncers do when they get old? Become security guards?
- Can you file bankruptcy a second time? Sure! But I don’t advise filing even the first time…
- Coin bank you have to break? Try out this grenade one! A bit on the expensive side @ $40, but really REALLY sounds like a lot of fun… Imagine throwing it against the wall?!
- Boyfriend says limit on ring price — Smart boyfriend! Without a budget you’re liable to start the marriage broke (not unlike a friend of mine who spent $20k on a ring ‘cuz his girl “had to have it”)
- Right hand itching — That means you’re about to come into money!
- Why don’t I feel secure with 3 million dollars? Hmm… ‘cuz you live in a 5 million dollar home? Or you’re really sick? Or your expenses are out of whack?
- What to do if a company puts money in your bank account by mistake? Don’t touch it!! Alert your bank and refrain from letting the “what ifs” take over… Anything you spend you’ll owe back.
- Can you have a positive balance on a credit card? Yup! You mean a negative balance though, yeah? Happened to me when I got a credit back on a no balance card of mine – it was awesome.
- Do you need $12 in order to obtain $300 worth of silver? Yes. And also $288 more :)
- Too old for rogaine? I don’t think so?
And here were the things that, um…. made me wonder:
- Liquor inspired wedding invitation
- I love naked hipster girls 17 years
- House people dead value
- Nadigaigal nirvanam (<– Sounds like a rock band ;))
- Wife inbatroom
- Huguette burns
- Sexy horny chance to talk to girls for free
- best types of mtt sng’s to make living grinding
- Hi tony i’m going to be a daddy soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!
If one of these were you, don’t worry – luckily it doesn’t show me the names of submitters ;) Though I can see a lot of the work places people are actually searching from! Haha… it’s kinda freaky what you can see behind the internets. Not that I really care outside of putting together these posts.
Any other bloggers wanna chime in with some interesting searches? There’s really no point in what we blogged about today, but hopefully it gave you a few laughs before we get this work day started. You need that every now and then on a finance site or you’re liable to poke your eyes out :)
[Photo by Philip Taylor PT]
Get blog posts automatically emailed to you!
How did so many of my search queries end up on your list? Are you sure it doesn’t show the names? j/k, very funny!
haha… you laugh, but SOMEONE’S entering those!
Hey J, I got this:
“2 comments” dog walking business
18 year old birds take it up the ass (must have been a post about debt)
tribute money black (wtf?)
I’m just so pleased to be such a source of information and inspiration.
I’m betting that 2nd one there came from a young British man ;) We use to call chicks birds all the time in college trying to be sneaky until it backfired on some british visitors, haha…
Apparently I rank #2 on Google for Financial Time Machine… I want a financial time machine!! :)
That’s hilarious. I would like to rank #1 for “Financial Fartknocker.”
Yes, I believe I have a new goal.
Haha… love it.
Haha you have some funny searches!
So I’m curious… Is your friend, who spent $20,000 on a wedding ring, now 1) divorced; 2) in major debt; Or 3) Super Rich?
$20,000 is a lot of money to wear on a tiny little finger because “I have to have it.” But, if you got it flaunt it!
Sadly, he’s now divorced :( Soon after their 1st anniversary, ugh.
Yikes. Well, I hope he learned his lesson.
I spent $600 on my wife’s wedding ring and she gets compliments all of the time. I guess that means I have good taste! :-D. Also… We are going on 5 years! Go us!
Lol, those are crazy. It never ceases to amaze me what some people put into Google and it brings them to my site. My favorite for the week on my site – Blindfolded and bound…I talk about that ALL the time. ;)
Sounds like quite the naughty site you have there ;)
Well now, I dont really know what to say…I’ll stick to the basics: if I had 3 million I would be extremely comfortable. And my primary goal would be accomplished so I could start something like coin collecting to pass my time. Its the simple things in life, right J?
Haha, wow. Those are some crazy search terms. I’m not even sure what some of these people were trying to get at. People these days…
Regarding the Goodwill comment, I can recall reading an article about whether or not it is appropriate for rich people to shop at thrift stores. How absurd! Perhaps the writer should have also asked if it is appropriate for people who have lesser means or who are financially overextended to shop at a retail mall.
I think you’re referring to this post that I wrote back in the day ;)
Still gets tons of comments now 2 years later!
I kind of figured there was a chance you wrote the article. But I was too busy…okay, lazy, to research it. : ) I’m enjoying your blog immensely. I’ve been addicted to finance for as long as I can remember. And if I may comment on the “Why don’t I feel secure with 3 mil…”, sometimes people are “first generation money makers or savers,” so we can’t comprehend the comfort that money can bring. Make sense?
Awesome! Well I’m glad you’re enjoying it so far :) And I’m lazy too, so you’re in good company, haha…
Boyfriend says limit on ring price
$20k for ring is craziness unless you’re Richard Burton who bought $1.2 million ring for Liz.
Interesting. How would I find this out?
You have to install a stats tracker on your site. I use Statcounter.com and also Google Analytics, but mainly statcounter cuz it’s so much easier/quicker to check for me. There are plugins for them too if you’re on WordPress.
Wife in Batroom, wearing my Batman costume! hahaha.. I need to do one of these too.
You want to know what’s funny? There is a huge park here in denver that has a road going around it for running/biking. Twice in the past couple of weeks I have seen a guy on rollerblades carrying an old school boombox.
I guess people do still rollerblade. I just wish I was as cool at that guy.
Rock on! That guy’s a bonafide bad ass, haha…
ha! so random. 90% of mine have something to do with online dating.
“Do you need $12 in order to obtain $300 worth of silver? Yes. And also $288 more :)”
Haha, this one had me rolling!
If it were that easy to pick up that much of silver EVERYONE would be doing it!!
Ugh, I hate when people type questions into Google! It’s a search engine, not a Magic 8-Ball! Haha sorry… just one of my pet peeves.
Anyway, here are a few interesting ones from my stats:
“What is the married couples status on cake called?”
“Do you care if the person that mows your lawn has insurance?”
“weird stamps printed at post office kiosk”
haha… I actually wonder that same thing about those new stamps. so ugly!
Certainly an interesting selection of searches, haha! Hope you enjoy the weekend.
These are hilarious! Wish my search inquiries were this funny. Absolutely nowhere near this amusing!
I love looking at these. I get a lot of, ‘what’s a dildo,’ for searches on my site. Hmmmm.
haha… now I’m gonna go to your site and see if I can find where you mention dildos ;)