BAM! Check out that upgrade 😉 Total costs: $98. Not to shabby for my new office bathroom! For the fourth(?) time this year, I have once again moved my office to better cope w/ my work-from-home quirks. What started at my friend’s place renting a desk (was too hard to commute to every day) has moved to my kitchen table (my laptop died), to my upstairs guest bedroom (ended up being too hot), and now to the completely opposite level down into our basement (just perfect!) 🙂 When my wife called me “fickle” the other day, she wasn’t kidding.
But that’s the beauty of trying to improve on things – if one thing doesn’t work, try another! It’s not just in offices where that applies. You can make tweaks to everything in life: goals, debt plans, savings tactics, friends, lovers, haters, everything. The second something isn’t working anymore – no matter what it is – ask yourself what you can do to change it? You don’t have to act right away, but keeping that open mind does wonders for your spirits and future accomplishments.
It can also start costing money. Which, in this case, is what happened because it’s VERY hard for me to pick a working spot and NOT want to spruce up my current surroundings! And when you happen to pick a spot of your house that hasn’t been LIVED IN for over 5+ years, there’s bound to be some work to be done 😉 And decorations, lighting, storage, etc etc. So we started with the living area (which was really me throwing things out and re-organizing everything into our basement to be more comfortable), and then slowly migrated into the bathroom. Which, again, was maybe used once in 5 years. Remember how I was always complaining about having *too much* room in our house, and I felt like we were wasting it? Well, not any more 😉
The cool thing about this latest move is that we’re now finally USING every single level of our house. We still don’t NEED all of that room when it comes down to it, but at least now we’re taking advantage of it and making the best of what we’ve got. And now that I’ve been successfully blogging down here for a good 3 weeks now, I’m starting to feel at work-home again 🙂
But back to the bathroom and me loving TJ Maxx so much. And all other discount stores for that matter! Which, without them, I’d be spending a pretty penny getting our place spruced up again. Here’s how we got to that $98 total I mentioned there above:
- Curtain: $29.99 — It’s actually one panel of a living room curtain too 😉 All the bathroom ones I came across were lame, so I went out to Kohl’s and picked up this bad boy. The only thing not from TJ Maxx. And the only part of the bathroom that started out as an accident! Haha…
- Curtain bar: $12.99 — Again, made for living room curtains but loved the style. And I couldn’t find one that fit in that little nook of a standing shower anyways – I hate those kinds!! So we got a little creative 🙂
- Hanging shower thingie: $14.99 @ TJ Maxx — Went with a dark one this time cuz all those chrome/nickel ones always rust… though I’ll probably never use this shower as we have 2 others upstairs! Haha…
- Hand towel: $3.99 @ TJ Maxx — It matches its brother that you can’t see.
- Hand towel’s brother (big towel): $8.99 @ TJ Maxx — mainly used for wiping hands since we won’t be taking showers in it 😉
- Blue/gray rug: $7.99 @ TJ Maxx — Soooooooo comfy!
- Brush silver trash can: $18.99 @ TJ Maxx — Also can’t see, but it’s pretty for a trash can (wow, did I just say that?)
Now the sad part to all this is that it took me HOURS to actually figure out. You know how I suck at making the right decision all the time? And always have to go back and return things? Well, let’s just say TJ Maxx saw a LOT of my a$$ over a 3-day period… I think I returned more stuff than I ended up keeping! Haha… but what are you gonna do? I’m the one that has to live with all this stuff 🙂
So that concludes office move #4. For now… I can’t promise I’ll stay down here forever, but so far it looks like it’s a good choice. Maybe later I’ll blog about the new book shelves and lights and telephone and kick-ass DESK I bought for the new office too? None of those came from TJ Maxx, but you better believe I got the hook up for ’em 😉 I’ll save that one for when it’s totally complete… wanna make sure I got some snazzy pics again to show ya. Upward and onward, friends!
PS: If you, or anyone you know, works for TJ Maxx corporate, tell them they need a J$ to represent them. I could boogie with them all night long.