INSIDE: We all want to know about jobs that make $100 an hour, right? The good news is there are some definite options, and they’re not all out of reach. Check out these options.
(Guest article today by Kristina)
Good Morning friends! We couldn’t enjoy the finer things in life without money, and we wouldn’t have money without having a job. But what is the different between a job and a career?
Some people say that the difference is in the level of education that’s required for the position, and others say it’s the annual salary or hourly wage that differentiates a job from a career. Can you have a career that pays an hourly wage, though? Or better yet, let me ask you a personal question…How much do you make per hour? That’s right! I asked it!
How much money do you earn per hour at your job? Since I asked the question, I will also answer the question:
I make approximately $43 per hour, which doesn’t include my quarterly or annual bonus. Even with my bonuses throughout the year I definitely don’t make $100 per hour.
Here are 10 Jobs (or should I say careers?) that earn at least $100 an hour, according to CNBC. You may be surprised at which careers have the most earning potential.
- Underwater Welder. Could you spend 30 days at sea working underwater, 12 hours a day, to earn $1200? Underwater Welders usually repair and replace pipes for oil and gas companies.
- Anesthesiologist. These are MDs who administer the drugs that knock us out prior to a surgery or a medical procedure. Anesthesiologists are Doctors, and they make over $100 per hour.
- Tattoo Artists. Do you watch NY Ink, Miami Ink, or LA Ink? Did you think that Ami James or Kat Von Dee makes over $100 per hour? Although tattoo rates are negotiated with each client, some Tattoo Artists can earn up to $130 per hour. However, the workflow is not guaranteed, and therefore a Tattoo Artist’s monthly income can vary.
- Arbitrator. An Arbitrator is a legal professional, usually an Attorney, who is a neutral third party who is brought in to solve a dispute when two parties cannot agree. Arbitrators are very often used during labor relations when Union contracts are being negotiations. They are also sometimes used in divorces.
- Orthodontist. My parents constantly remind me that my teeth cost them $5,000, and therefore I should always take excellent care of them. It is estimated that half of all Orthodontists earn over $100. I had braces for 2.5 years and a retainer for another 2 years when I was younger – the Orthodontist bills can definitely add up.
- Freelance Photographers. The average starting rate for a Freelance Photographer is $13-$50. However, after 5-10 years of experience, and depending on the domain and geographic location, some Freelance Photographers can earn over $100 per hour.
- Interior Designers. Have you ever wanted to have your home professionally decorated? Would you pay $100 per hour for a Professional Interior Designer? A Bachelors Degree is usually required for Interior Designers, and in some cases so is a License to Design. Interior Designers may also provide architectural and engineering advice.
- Parts Models. A hand or feet, or other Parts Model, can earn an average of $100 per hour. However, they have to take extremely good care of that specific body part, which can be costly. Is anyone else thinking of the Seinfeld episode where the Hand Model burns herself on the hot iron?
- Life Coach. The goal of a Life Coach is to bridge the gap between where we are and where we want to be in our life. Life Coaches earn $100-$150 per hour.
- Massage Therapist. They have the potential to earn up to $100 per hour, but it will have to be in a private practice or clinic. Massage Therapists who work in a Spa earn less than half of those in private practices.
Do any of these professions interest you? So you can make over $100 per hour? At a yearly salary, that looks to be around $195,000 a year. How much are you making now?
Pro tip: If you’re not in a position to change jobs or careers, one way you can quickly increase your income is by starting a side hustle. That link there takes you to 70+ we’ve covered over the years!
Kristina is a 30 year old professional who has been working in the financial services industry for over 10 years, and who blogs at the personal finance site DINKS Finance. She’s hoping to marry her long-time boyfriend Nick in the near future, and she hails from the great country of Canada. You can follow her on Twitter @TahnyaKristina
(Photo by The Comedian)