I’ve flirted with the idea a couple times in the past, but i’ve never actually declared one myself. And i’m quite sure i’ve accomplished many of them in past w/out knowing it, but today I make it official. So Mrs. Chicky, i accept your mini-challenge and declare today my first “Zero Spend Day”.
Do you hear that Mr. Frugal? Are you back in action? I sure hope so, cuz it’s time to wake up and pay attention…we’ve got a long day ahead of us! To make this complete, here is a list of things i will NOT spend $ on today:
- Lunch (thank goodness for PB&J)
- Beers & Cheers
- wedding items
- lottery tickets
There is only 1 thing i may do, and that is put a $1 bill in my cup for the “dollar a day” challenge that’s still going on. Not that i’m actually spending it on anything, as it’s just being placed somewhere else, but i needed to clarify in case i get audited by the PFG (personal finance group). haha…
Okay, I think that pretty much covers it. The only thing i can see going wrong here is if i get caught off guard from some amazing offer, and just totally forget the operation at hand. Oooohhh, speaking of which, i can fix that too. Give me one sec….
okay back! I JUST wrote “No Spend Day” on my hand in permanent marker ;) this way, if that hand makes it’s way down into my pocket to get my c/c, or cash, i’ll see those words from the get go. Me so smart.
Alrighty, off we go to hopefully conquer another money challenge! I’ll be sure to post my results tomorrow, or throughout the day if something terribly exciting happens (don’t hold your breath).
Thanks again Chicky for your prompting :), and see you all on the blog-side.
Killer resources and apps:
- Best Budget Templates & Spreadsheets (FREE)— The best free budget templates from around the community! Including the ones I use :)
- Personal Capital* (FREE) — A great app to track your investments and net worth. You can see an in-depth review we did here from a millionaire who checks it daily 😂
- You Need a Budget (YNAB)* (FREE TRIAL, then $14.99/mo or $98.99/year) — One of the BEST budgeting methods in the space, with new users saving $600 on avg their first two months, and more than $6,000 over their first year! Check out my friend Vic’s review of YNAB here that went on to completely change his finances 💪
- Digit (FREE 6 mo. Trial, then $5/mo) — This is one of my favorite apps for automatically saving money, and I even came on board as an advisor I believed in them so much! You can see my full review on Digit here.
- Acorns* ($3-$5/mo) – Similar to Digit, this app helps you automatically INVEST money by rounding up all your transactions to the nearest dollar and then investing it right away for you. My full review of Acorns can be found here.
- Honey (FREE) — By far my favorite coupon service out there! Click the Honey button any time you're about to buy something online, and BOOM - any discounts it finds will be automatically applied at checkout. You can see my write up on them here.
- Credit Karma* (FREE) — An easy way to check and monitor your credit score AND report! See my full review of these guys here.
- My Favorite Blogs + Books < -- Click here to see all my other recommendations!