I’ve done many things in my years, but never did I imagine blogging would become one of them.
Especially pertaining to finance! Sure I loved money (who doesn’t?) but writing? I’ve always thought of myself as more of a designer or a painter than one to pick up a pen or keyboard, but it works for me! Freakin’ love blogging now…
You should have seen the look on my dad’s face when I told him this blog made it on the homepage of MSN.com last week – he was like, “You? Write?” I told him it’s not like i’m pulling down Pulitzers over here, but it does pass as a form of writing. Even w/ all my abbreviations and slang, and improper use of words like “ditty” and “hooker”. It’s journalism at its finest ;)
So like my other fellow birthday bloggers, I thought I’d share a whole mess of stats from the past year. Here’s what we got:
- Current subscribers: 614
- Twitter subscribers: 494
- Total EVER page views: 145,455
- Total EVER visitors: 80,041
- AVERAGE monthly visits: 6,670
- AVERAGE monthly page views: 12,121
- Number of times I’ve referenced “bad boys”: 41
- Number of times I’ve talked about bananas: 7
- Number of times, on average, I check my stats: 790 (rounded down)
And here’s a cool collage from the different stat readers out there:
Of course, NONE of this is possible w/ out the best fans and readers in the world – YOU GUYS ROCK! I’m a much better person, both financially and personally, having you all around, and I seriously thank you from the bottom of my heart. I could really go on and on here, but I’ll leave it at that. No use in spoiling my fortune by crying and getting called out as a panzy ;)
I also gotta shout out all those bloggers sending traffic and support this way. Here are the all-time top 10 refferers to BudgetsAreSexy (minus google, stumbleupon, etc) along w/ the #’s:
- My Money Blog (2,225)
- Give Me Back My Five Bucks (1,661)
- MSN Smart Spending (1,462)
- Clever Dude (1,169)
- Chicky Finance (1,154)
- Bargain Briana (989)
- Dinks Finance (936)
- Single Guy Money (936)
- Financial Ramblings (681)
- Saving 4 Later (611)
And here are the all-time top 10 keywords to the site – unfiltered! Should be more interesting this way than just listing those PF terms ;)
- budgets are sexy
- average net worth
- million dollar club finance blog
- sexy com
- average net worth in america
I’m sensing a theme here! Unfortunately “grow a pair” and “ninja” came in at #14 and #18 respectfully this time, while “Alexis Krosky” (whoever that is?) came in at #73. The internet really is a crazy wonderful world :)
Some other cool stats to follow are the countries people are reading this stuff from! Here are the top 5 countries hitting BudgetsAreSexy (Besides the U.S. which is by far in 1st place):
- United Kingdom
- Saudi Arabia
Sexy, right?! The other 138 countries are pretty cool too, but that’s for a whole ‘nother post. And lastly, here are the most popular articles by month – based on page views:
- February ’08: J. Money on Personal Finance, Life, and Sillyness
- March ’08: My very own sexy budget (recently updated)
- April ’08: My millionaire-to-do list! Ya gotta start somewhere
- May ’08: America’s net worth – where do you stack up?
- June ’08: Would you rather…take $500k now, or $1 million in ten years?
- July ’08: My 4 Favorite Pieces of Financial Advice E-V-E-R.
- August ’08: 3 Things you should always keep in your wallet/purse/clip.
- September ’08: Using your 401(k) as an Emergency Fund? Are you insane?!
- October ’08: Bananas and Hair Spray tought me everything on inflation.
- November ’08: What’s up with your pictures, J? Did you get them? Tell us!
- December ’08: Guess What??? We did it! We finally got our wedding pictures!
- January ’09: Where, oh where, does our $exy money go?!
That about wraps it up. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Budgetsaresexy.com! You are one of my all-time best friends, and I hope we have many a years left together. And THANK YOU AGAIN TO ALL WHO READ THIS!!! Now it’s time to party baby, you only turn 1 once!
Get blog posts automatically emailed to you!