But what’s really frustrating, if you’ll allow me to say so, is the fact that there are, indeed, people who can/will be able to refi because they made some huge boo-boos.
That’s great for them, and certainly for our economy in general, but what about the others who behaved and played by the rules? Shouldn’t WE be granted some help as well considering we also took it up the a$$? This affects more than the people who helped us get in this mess to begin with. (emphasis on *helped* here as we all know there were many other factors stirring the pot.)
The Mrs. and I aren’t perfect little badgers, but we should still be granted some sort of equal rights. We pay our mortgage on time, we didn’t get too over our heads, and we were responsible. Shouldn’t that count for something? Are we being greedy here? Whatever….I’ll go ahead and stop now. I’m sure everyone’s tired of hearing about this stuff. I just had to get it out since it’s directly affecting us now.
I’m just hoping Mr. Obama has something good up his sleeves…
Killer resources and apps:
- Best Budget Templates & Spreadsheets (FREE)— The best free budget templates from around the community! Including the ones I use :)
- Personal Capital* (FREE) — A great app to track your investments and net worth. You can see an in-depth review we did here from a millionaire who checks it daily 😂
- You Need a Budget (YNAB)* (FREE TRIAL, then $14.99/mo or $98.99/year) — One of the BEST budgeting methods in the space, with new users saving $600 on avg their first two months, and more than $6,000 over their first year! Check out my friend Vic’s review of YNAB here that went on to completely change his finances 💪
- Digit (FREE 6 mo. Trial, then $5/mo) — This is one of my favorite apps for automatically saving money, and I even came on board as an advisor I believed in them so much! You can see my full review on Digit here.
- Acorns* ($3-$5/mo) – Similar to Digit, this app helps you automatically INVEST money by rounding up all your transactions to the nearest dollar and then investing it right away for you. My full review of Acorns can be found here.
- Honey (FREE) — By far my favorite coupon service out there! Click the Honey button any time you're about to buy something online, and BOOM - any discounts it finds will be automatically applied at checkout. You can see my write up on them here.
- Credit Karma* (FREE) — An easy way to check and monitor your credit score AND report! See my full review of these guys here.
- My Favorite Blogs + Books < -- Click here to see all my other recommendations!