As you can tell from that sexy doodle to the left, I like to make my own cards to send out ;)
And I like to think those on the receiving end enjoy them just as much! Who WOULDN’T want a personally crafted note from their friend or family member?
Whether you’re sending a thank you note, a miss you card, or even a birthday card, making it yourself shoots you right onto the awesome list. But don’t take my word for it –
Here are 10 good reasons to help convince you:
- Making your own cards cost you nada, zilch, absolutely zero George Washingtons.
- Making your own cards are “cooler” than sending a store card.
- Making your own card is faster. No driving, searching, and ringing up needed – it only takes 5-10 minutes, depending on your craftiness.
- Making your own card allows you to be a kid again and get creative.
- You can make your own card at work while on a break (or not on a break).
- You can show off your penmanship. (only a plus if you have impeccable skill)
- You only need 1 piece of paper, and 1 pen. (or a couple pieces of paper and a couple of pens, if you are a fancy pants. allow more than 10 mins in this case)
- The receiver will be *shocked* by getting something hand-written these days!
- The receiver will believe you spent quality time on them. (they will believe anything in the state of shock)
- The receiver will actually READ all of it’s content. (those 6 paragraph poems never get read…)
- *Bonus* The receiver will love you, adding you to the top of their list!
I can go on and on, but i think i have proven my point. And if you’re still not convinced, go ahead and mail me that $4 you are about to give away, and I’ll make one up for you ;) The only disservice you’ll be doing is to Hallmark, and there are plenty of other people out there giving in to their peer pressure. So remember – Don’t be a ‘tard, Make your own card.
ps: i have had wayyyyy too much coffee today!
Get blog posts automatically emailed to you!